LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #1
fedorah22
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
DNF local mirror repository

Hi,
I'm trying to create a local repo like i used to with yum reposync and then yum createrepo. Host those files on an apache website and then point my other fedora servers to download updates from there instead of going to the web to pull updates all the time.

I did a dnf reposync on friday came back to work monday and all the 53,300 some odd packages it downloaded were deleted off the disk. Does this not work like the old yum reopsync? I was going to use createrepo_c after all the updates were done downloading with dnf reposync.

Any help would be apprecaited!!
Thanks much.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
unSpawn

Rep: Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorah22 View Post
I did a dnf reposync on friday came back to work monday and all the 53,300 some odd packages it downloaded were deleted off the disk.
Code:
~]$ grep -q delete /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/dnf-plugins/reposync.py; echo $?
It doesn't seem to have any delete functionality so must be something else?..

Old 08-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
fedorah22
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Hmm, thank you for checking that for me i really appreciate it. I have httpd installed and i'm serving those files up that way. I've used the command:
sudo dnf reposync -p /var/www/html/f22svr
All the files download. I issues df -h and i can see / filling up to 57 gb then once reposync is done running boom, do a df -h and / is back down to under 4 gig. Any ideas? Do you think it could be where i'm putting the files? User account i'm running it under? I'm using sudo. Selinux is disabled. I'm stumped as to why its deleting the files.
I have this installed in a vmware esxi environment now. I'm going to try building a physical server and doing this again.
Thank you!

Last edited by fedorah22; 08-12-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
fedorah22
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
I think i figured it out. I needed to add keepcache=true to dnf.conf. Gonna try reposync again and see if this time it keeps them.
Thanks!

1 members found this post helpful.