LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Debian
User Name
Password
Debian This forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #16
sfzombie13

Distribution: slackware, lfs, kali, pentoo, centos

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 18

i am getting it, and now no errors, but no updates either. i know there are some out there, but it looks like time to reinstall. the ppa repos came from my keepass insatll, for some reason, it wasn't with wheezy. now, on top of all this, i lost my shutdown option, all i can do is suspend. i have had issues with this before, but this is a new one. that is just a minor inconvenience, i open a terminal and type halt. it may be related though, possibly some sort of spyware installed or something causing crazy things to happen. this is the thread about it, here.

the reason the installer commented them out is that i had to in order to make it install, it kept asking for a disc and when i put it in, it would say insert disc. i know they were all good, but this laptop has been funky for a while. for instance, in order to install the os, i have to take the hard drive out and put it in another computer. i have another one like that also, different model.

i am going to uncomment some of those lines to see what happens now. it may be time for a new motherboard.

well, that was strange. i uncommented the ones the installer hid and it worked, updating now. now, i wonder why it stopped working all of a sudden? that is the strange part, i like to know the root cause of all the issues i can.

Last edited by sfzombie13; 07-20-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: fixed it