LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
M. Waqas Abdullah
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
How do I change Application Font in Fedora 20

Hello, everyone!

I have some applications for which I want the change the font style. I want them to present the text in a different font style and different font size. I have installed gnome-tweak-tool and it only allows me to change the font size of the interface (of OS) and not the "inside" of the applications.

Please do provide me a solution, I'll be thankful to you.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Waqas Abdullah View Post
Hello, everyone!
I have some applications for which I want the change the font style. I want them to present the text in a different font style and different font size. I have installed gnome-tweak-tool and it only allows me to change the font size of the interface (of OS) and not the "inside" of the applications.

Please do provide me a solution, I'll be thankful to you.
What you're asking isn't really possible. If you want a different font for a specific application, you need to change the font WITHIN that application, if you even can. Some won't do custom fonts.

I'm not very familiar with Gnome, but from what I remember, you can change system fonts (menus, dialog boxes, etc.), which WILL affect all your applications. I know you can do that under KDE, but again, those are system-wide changes. It's up to each application as to whether they can have custom fonts or not.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
John VV
LQ Muse

Rep: Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651
there is a handy tool for gnome
"system config editor"
or by a name like that

do a yum search for "system" and / or "gnome" and you should find it

i puts all the individual program config files in ONE gui for easy use

Old 09-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
M. Waqas Abdullah
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
What you're asking isn't really possible. If you want a different font for a specific application, you need to change the font WITHIN that application, if you even can. Some won't do custom fonts.

I'm not very familiar with Gnome, but from what I remember, you can change system fonts (menus, dialog boxes, etc.), which WILL affect all your applications. I know you can do that under KDE, but again, those are system-wide changes. It's up to each application as to whether they can have custom fonts or not.
I could compromise my complete GNOME's font for just one font. If there is no way I can set a specific font for a specific application, then how about I change the font of COMPLETE interface to use just one specific font-style.

In this way, in my opinion, it should display ALL THE TEXT I'd see in that specific font.

Is there any way I can do that?

& Sorry for the late-reply. Thanks!

---------- Post added 09-11-14 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by John VV View Post
there is a handy tool for gnome
"system config editor"
or by a name like that

do a yum search for "system" and / or "gnome" and you should find it

i puts all the individual program config files in ONE gui for easy use
Sorry! I didn't get to find this package. Can you please be more specific? Thanks!