LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Ubuntu
User Name
Password
Ubuntu This forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
mark_alfred

Distribution: Ubuntu Linux 16.04, Debian 10, LineageOS 14.1

Rep: Reputation: 210Reputation: 210Reputation: 210
User defined shortcuts in sidepane of Thunar not working

Hello. Previously when I've used Thunar in other distributions, I was able to create my own shortcuts to folders in the sidepane of Thunar via drag and drop. That doesn't work in the version of Thunar that I currently have on Ubuntu 13.10. See below for the exact version that I have:

Code:
mark@mark-OptiPlex-755:~$ dpkg -s thunar
Package: thunar
Priority: optional
Section: xfce
Installed-Size: 891
Maintainer: Xubuntu Developers <xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1.6.3-1ubuntu1
The functionality that Thunar is supposed to have (but doesn't in the version that I have) is described here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFCE File Manager Window article
The remaining shortcuts are user defined. Add your own shortcuts by simply dragging folders to the Shortcuts Pane. This will allow you to access important folders instantly.
So, does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there an additional package I need to install? I am using regular Ubuntu (rather than Xubuntu) with XFCE installed onto it after, since Unity didn't sit well with me.

Last edited by mark_alfred; 04-01-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
mark_alfred

Distribution: Ubuntu Linux 16.04, Debian 10, LineageOS 14.1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 210Reputation: 210Reputation: 210
Well, I decided to try PCManFM to see if I'd have any luck with it. I found it refers to shortcuts as "bookmarks", and allowed me to easily create them. Then I closed PCManFM and opened Thunar, and found that it now had the exact same bookmarks/shortcuts that I had just created in PCManFM. Odd. Well, I'll likely stay with PCManFM for now, though in the past I've preferred Thunar.

Tags
shortcuts, thunar, ubuntu, xfce