LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Fredde87

Rep: Reputation: 30
Freevo or simular

Sorry for bringing such a silly thing but I just cant find the answer I am looking for.

I just finished setting up mythtv but as I had anticipated it was to resouces heavy since they wont support my dxr3 card. So I have to turn to some other pvr app to get what I need. Freevo seems perfect but I cant find any helpful documenation about freevo 2.0 and the two things I am afaird it is missing which I need. Those two things are:

* Frontend and Backend like in myth, I need to be able to run a frontend or something simular since I want to be able to watch TV on my wireless laptop.
* Being able to execute a command when switching channel. Since I have a external STB I need to be able to send a command when switching channel, like say "changechannelscript.sh %CHANNELNUMBER%".

Is this possible? And if not do you know of any other app than mythtv that can do this? The wiki for 2.0 talks about some recording server but the details are very slim and I cant find anything else on google about it...

Old 01-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
Jaxån

Distribution: Debian

Rep: Reputation: 15
You might want to look into GeexBox for making your changes. They have a builder to build customized autostart cd.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Fredde87

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
unfortuntly geexbox doesnt do any of those features and it doesnt do epg and timeshift :/

I have found some windows apps which does what I want (BeyondTV, SageTV) but I want to run linux...