LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxAnswers Discussion
User Name
Password
LinuxAnswers Discussion This forum is to discuss articles posted to LinuxAnswers.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Him
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mandrake 10.1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Post DISCUSSION: How to make URPMI come back after upgrade

This thread is to discuss the article titled: How to make URPMI come back after upgrade

Old 11-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
theYinYeti

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: 66
Maybe I'm just a little dumb this evening, but I just don't grasp the aim of this article, nor do I see the relation between the title and the content...

Well maybe I see.

As far as I know, if you use the Mandrake/Mandriva distribution, you already have "urpmi", wether you just installed afresh, or did an upgrade. Nowadays or soon, it may be "smart" instead, but it's the same.

But if you don't use Mandrake/Mandriva, and you want to install urpmi (on Fedora for example), then I can understand the title (I suppose you would loose urpmi by upgrading Fedora... or not?), and the content...

... to an extent. Indeed, I acknowledge urpmi to be a wonderfull tool (I really like it), but isn't "yum" for Fedora equivalent?

Yves.