LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Hardware
User Name
Password
Linux - Hardware This forum is for Hardware issues.
Having trouble installing a piece of hardware? Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux?

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
1-dollar
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
ATI Radeon on Dell Lattitude D600

On ATI's site it states that I have to use proprietary drivers for laptop embedded video?

Is that BS or will I seriously not be able to use the ATI Linux driver on my D600 laptop that has ATI Radeon graphics?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
1-dollar
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
oye..... maybe I should go to Radio Shack. I have questions and apparently they have answers.

Can't say the same about LQ...

jk

Old 08-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
minrich

Distribution: See signature

Rep: Reputation: 40
If you would like to give us some clues about what distro and kernel you are using - and the type of ATI graphics card you are using, and whether it is XFree86 or Xorg ... we might be able to help.

I know it is tedious waiting for answers BUT if you reply to your own thread then your post drops off the "0 replies" radar screen - except possibly for crazies like me that read some of them anyway after returning from a couple of weeks of laptop free vacation/holidays.

BTW, what exactly is a "laptop embedded video" - I have two laptops and one Tablet PC and none of them have embedded videos (to the best of my knowledge). Perhaps you could describe what extension, such as .avi, the offending beasts have. also it would be interesting to know what processor the D600 has (I know it is Intel).

Cheers