LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxAnswers Discussion
User Name
Password
LinuxAnswers Discussion This forum is to discuss articles posted to LinuxAnswers.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
sdat1333

Distribution: None right now :(

Rep: Reputation: 15
Post DISCUSSION: HOWTO install NVIDIA drivers on FC3

This thread is to discuss the article titled: HOWTO install NVIDIA drivers on FC3

Old 04-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
leosgb

Distribution: Gentoo

Rep: Reputation: 31
hello, i have a conectiva 10 distro here and my kernel is 2.6.11. My problem is that there is no supplied not precompiled drivers for my kernel version and i use a PRECOMPILED kernel so when it tries to build the driver it cant find theconfig options used to build the system. I have all sources installed. So, is there a way to find the config files and have the installer read them? thanksfor any h help.

Just as reference, this is my thread and why i need the new driver:http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...t=nvidia+black

Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Andknig
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Fedora3

Rep: Reputation: 0
Am using x86_64 version of FC3 and had a few troubles post install. My PCIe (6600 256mb) was the problem. I used your method to install driver ver.7167 (as all others gave me artifacts etc.) and it pretty much worked, but a few amendments were necessary...

'rpm -e --nodeps xorg-x11-mesa-libGL' returned an error, could not use.

Added 'modprobe nvidia' to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Reboot had to be via 'shutdown -r now'

But your thread helped immensely, so thanks !

Old 02-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #4
bluetardis81
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Vectro soho 5.0

Rep: Reputation: 0
I have been looking for this information for a long time. I spent 4 hrs trying to get to the correct run level so I could install the drivers.i changed run levels several times but the system would become unstable. I never thought about setting the run level for boot time to fix the problem. I wanted to run FC3 but I went back to vector. Driver install for vector was real easy
Bluetardis81