LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Arch
User Name
Password
Arch This Forum is for the discussion of Arch Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
nullcreation
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Gtk-Warnings, and multiple application crashes

Hello, first off I am quite new to Arch Linux, though so far it qualifies as probably my favorite distro (i hop around a lot). Anyway I get the following message when starting programs that rely on GTk

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libxfce.so"

i get a bunch of those in a row, i'm assuming for each call for said module

also not sure if this is related, but when i start multiple programs, say 2 mozilla-firebird windows, gaim, and a couple aterms some of them randomly close out.

I'm currently using XFCE4 as a window manager, however the above error was replicated on a some other window managers i tried.

now the box its on is technically going to be a server, and i don't mind setting things up entirely from the console, but the above error is bothering me

*on a related note, i have done nothing in respect to reorganizing the file system, or installing anything w/o pacman, or anything that i can see as giving rise to this problem*

Old 10-19-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
apeiro
ArchLinux Maintainer

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: 0
Your .gtkrc-2.0 is probably looking for a specific theme engine. Try installing the 'gtk-xfce-engine' package.