LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Security
User Name
Password
Linux - Security This forum is for all security related questions.
Questions, tips, system compromises, firewalls, etc. are all included here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
mutwkil

Rep: Reputation: 0
Smile Network steganography problem

I have a pc with 2 NIC running 2 sniffers as router and connect both A and B, both A and B running TCP chat, A<-->R<-->B, for each packet captured from A I want router to do the following:
• Add 1 byte of data to the TCP data section.
• Increase Total length field located in IP header by one.
• Recomputed IP header checksum.
• Inject modified packet to B.
But when I try to do connection from B to A the connection is reset. When I run the wire shark in (A) I found that (A) retransmit packet that has been modified in R several time then reset the connection.
Is there any field in IP or TCP header should be modified according to the 1 byte being added?

Old 06-08-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
unSpawn

Rep: Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutwkil View Post
I want
You have 0) listed a set of requirements but not the method to satisfy them, then 1) you describe TCP/IP Suite behavior but without analysing it and then you 2) ask a question that should in essence be answered by (your understanding of) the methods used in #0.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
mutwkil

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unSpawn View Post
You have 0) listed a set of requirements but not the method to satisfy them, then 1) you describe TCP/IP Suite behavior but without analysing it and then you 2) ask a question that should in essence be answered by (your understanding of) the methods used in #0.
Thank you
A set of requirements listed in (0) have been done in the router that connect 2 PCs(A and B) using 2 Sniffers with injection technology in two different directions.
My problem is as follow:
when i add 1 byte to the data section in TCP in the packet coming from (A), the packet will reach (B). But when I increase Total length located in IP header and recompute check sum, packet will not reach (B) and (A) continue retransmitting that packet, then it reset the connection.
is there any field should i change?