LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Enterprise Linux Forums > Linux - Enterprise
User Name
Password
Linux - Enterprise This forum is for all items relating to using Linux in the Enterprise.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
peep87
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Developement server

What is the role of the Linux administrator in a developement environment?
I want to know some of the roles that a system administrator could perform other than the usual tasks like managing systems and services,installing and configuring, and other basic tasks.

Last edited by peep87; 09-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepitrv View Post
What is the role of the Linux administrator in a developement environment?
I want to know some of the roles that a system administrator could perform other than the usual tasks like managing systems and services,installing and configuring, and other basic tasks.
There is no way anyone can answer a question like this...that's like asking "how high is up?" The roles are defined by the company/group you work for, and how THEY want things, obviously. They could decide to have you do EVERYTHING for a development group, or nothing, or bits in between.

Much like you've been told BEFORE:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ns-4175475702/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ts-4175475680/

And again, if you've been an administrator for THREE YEARS already, these are things you should already know.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
peep87
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply.I ve been working in a desktop support and troubleshooting team,i have absolutely no experience with servers,now i want to become an server administrator,so i am learning Linux servers for sometime now and i fear employers would not hire me if i don not have experience with servers thats why coming up with this sort of questions.
Forgive me for this kind of questions,now i clearly understood it depends on the environment,so thanks.

Last edited by peep87; 09-20-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960Reputation: 7960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepitrv View Post
Thanks for your reply.I ve been working in a desktop support and troubleshooting team,i have absolutely no experience with servers,now i want to become an server administrator,so i am learning Linux servers for sometime
Oh?
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...0/#post5020760

YOU said, in that link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepitrv
As a linux admin with 3 years experience...
So...either you lied there, or you're lying now. Which is it? Either you ARE an admin with three years experience as you said (in which case, you're lying here in this thread), or you DON'T have three years experience (in which case you lied in the other thread). Both can't be true.
Quote:
now and i fear employers would not hire me if i don not have experience with servers thats why coming up with this sort of questions.
Forgive me for this kind of questions,now i clearly understood it depends on the environment,so thanks.
Employers aren't going to hire someone who is not truthful, especially about their level of experience. There are no 'right answers' to these sorts of questions about ANY job. Every one is different..every company is different.

Before posting follow-ups about "what are some interview questions and answers?"....don't. There aren't any answers for those, either. Get experience, get knowledge, and LEARN.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
peep87
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your reply,it seems i have asked general questions in a more technical forum.I hope sir you will never hesitate to help me in more technical issues.I have installed centos in my laptop and started learning.