LinuxQuestions.org
LinuxAnswers - the LQ Linux tutorial section.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

View Poll Results: You are a...
firm believer 165 28.75%
Deist 18 3.14%
Theist 23 4.01%
Agnostic 120 20.91%
Atheist 248 43.21%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #5041
jamison20000e

Location: infinity; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US, Earth
Distribution: any UNIXish that works well on my cheapest with mostly KDE, Xfce, JWM or CLI but open ;-)

Rep: Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344

Eorbet; that was the first thing I found searching but wasn't absolutely sure which definition, out of infinite possibilities... or, at lest on google "1,750,000,000"...???

Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #5042
enorbet

Distribution: Slackware 14 is Main OpSys on Main PC, 2ndary are OpenSuSe 13 and SolydK

Rep: Reputation: 268Reputation: 268Reputation: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison20000e View Post
Eorbet; that was the first thing I found searching but wasn't absolutely sure which definition, out of infinite possibilities... or, at lest on google "1,750,000,000"...???
Sorry about that Jameson. I suppose it does illustrate that nobody is exempt from falling into the trap of of subjective conclusions. Since it was apparently featured on Oprah a few years ago and somehow is still big in "the Pop World" and I find it particularly slimy and offensive, I did fall prey to the assumption that everyone is painfully aware of that despicable book and concept/psychological garbage. It's one of those things that, on the surface, seems reasonable enough, but underneath the implications are horrendous and irresponsible at best.

One might be suspicious of such an overblown, egotistical title, The Secret, as if the author is above everyone having possession of the One True Gem of Wisdom, one that if everyone just hopped onboard the World would be magically transformed into this beautiful and righteous place like Heaven On Earth. As always the old adage seems true, "Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die".

Last edited by enorbet; Yesterday at 07:53 AM.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #5043
jamison20000e

Location: infinity; (randomly born:) Milwaukee, WI, US, Earth
Distribution: any UNIXish that works well on my cheapest with mostly KDE, Xfce, JWM or CLI but open ;-)

Rep: Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344
Thumbs up

______
___
__
_

It was way too boring\ on Wikipedia or YouTube

((even to ☠☠☠DL☠☠☠ and speed up with VLC was not an option) to get into.
TV's a no-go for me.
You want to see,,, worst than me? In a "faith" vs "sanity" thread, show me the local """new$"""!

"TV," I tell it what to play!!
Imagination gets the best of some of us?

(Edit:-(figure go;) I don't want to die or experience "bliss" , hopelessness (JK )NOT( )
――the same as religion )not\not-JK( !!!

Last edited by jamison20000e; Yesterday at 06:22 PM.

Tags
bible, censorship, christ, christian, determinism, education, faith, free will, god, human stupidity, humor, islam, jesus, magic roundabout, mythology, nihilism, peace, pointless, polytheism, quran, religion, virtue, war, zealot