LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundialsvcs View Post
I can't easily judge whether this is homework or not ... and how much "English as a second language" is an issue here. The OP in the thread rather sounds like something that is not homework. Mind you, I'm not going to spend a great deal (more) effort trying to find out, and I hope that further exchanges on this thread, if any, can (please) "stick to technicalities." (Trading personal insults will just get a thread locked-down.)
Agreed. I, however, think this IS homework, based on the detailed-but-vague questions at the beginning, and the fact that the OP has never said it WASN'T homework, despite it being said several times. And if it was 'work'...wouldn't a programmer who was hired to write a device driver at least know the basics?

Your explanations have been great, regardless.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #17
devendra.devgupta
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
TBOne

I don't understand why are you still posting vague messages here and else where (i don't know)and JUST increasing your points, This is a time waste for me and also other people who are just beginners and reading this post, PLEASE............ let other people participate and post relevant and meaningful messages,

Atleast you can have a look how sundialsvcs replies which is not only meaningful but also straight, you should learn from him.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by devendra.devgupta View Post
I don't understand why are you still posting vague messages here and else where (i don't know)and JUST increasing your points,
My last post was to sundialcvs, not to you. And there was nothing 'vague' about it.
Quote:
This is a time waste for me
Then don't read them or respond to them.
Quote:
and also other people who are just beginners and reading this post,
Just others who don't feel like putting effort into understanding things. And apparently, you've been asking this question for MONTHS now:
http://www.edaboard.com/thread291231.html#post1245212
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=86221
You seem to be 'confused', no matter how many times you're spoon-fed an answer.
Quote:
PLEASE............ let other people participate and post relevant and meaningful messages
AGAIN, I can't stop anyone from posting anything.
Quote:
Atleast you can have a look how sundialsvcs replies which is not only meaningful but also straight, you should learn from him.
You just need to learn, but don't seem to want to put effort into things. Your behavior is childish and rude.

Last edited by TB0ne; 10-26-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #19
colucix
LQ Guru

Distribution: CentOS 6.5 OpenSuSE 12.3

Rep: Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983Reputation: 1983
Warning: Please, stop bickering and stay on topic, otherwise I will close the thread once and forever. Nuff' said.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
normanlinux

Distribution: Arch

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
devendra

Generally, on a linux system, drivers for things such a uarts come with the kernel as standard. Unlike Windows there should not be a need too go looking for drivers for these. Even in '93 serial ports were not a problem.

To talk to your modem you will need one of two things, depending on what yoy wish to do.

To talk directly you will need a program like the old 'minicom'. If you just want to use the modem to connect to a dial-up line for internet use then you will be running a ppp program point-to-point protocol). I don't know (or care) about Gnome, but with a kde desktop you have kppp that should make your life easier.

Personally I am not sure that this *does* sound like a homework problem. Sounds to me more like a new-to-linux-from-windows problem