LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Other *NIX Forums > Solaris / OpenSolaris
User Name
Password
Solaris / OpenSolaris This forum is for the discussion of Solaris, OpenSolaris, OpenIndiana, and illumos.
General Sun, SunOS and Sparc related questions also go here. Any Solaris fork or distribution is welcome.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
baronobeefdip

Distribution: Debian Squeeze

Rep: Reputation: 32
How do I install software on OpenIndiana without internet

I operate computer networks in a private networked lab environment and we don't use the internet when connecting our servers together because something might go out to the schools network. I am wondering how I can install programs like Apache, isc-DHCP-server, Asterisk, BIND, etc. Without an internet connection. We don't have the time to create a private software repository server so I want to know if there is a way to install programs without an internet connection and a local software repository server.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
jlliagre

Distribution: Solaris 11.4, Oracle Linux, Mint, Ubuntu/WSL

Rep: Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492
OpenIndiana still support SVR4 packaging so if you have packages in that format for the software you are looking for, you can install them using the traditional pkgadd command.

Otherwise, I see no simpler way than compiling from source.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
baronobeefdip

Distribution: Debian Squeeze

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 32
Can I download these packages and use them in a software repository server. I'm assuming that if you download only one package there will be a chance that the package will require dependencies in order to function properly. How do I download the dependencies (like figure out what the dependencies are). If not then I want to know how you install the gcc and gcc-c++ compiler because this seem to be a must for compiling any kind of software on a solaris-like operating system.