LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
dinoh
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question How can access mail migrated on a new server

Hi
i recently configured a new server for my mails, i migrated all the mails, users and groups accept for password to the new mail server.
i have installed webmin to manage the mail server. but i am trying to find a quicker way of me to able to connect all the users to there mails without me to start recreating them on the new mail server and and giving them ownership to there mails, since they are many this process may take very long.
Sorry forgot to mention that the new server on linux redhat5.0 and also the old server is the same.i have configured sendmail, dovecot on the new server of which the old server is using the same

Last edited by dinoh; 12-13-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: missed an impotant part

Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Habitual
LQ Veteran

Distribution: Catalina

Quote:
...i migrated all the mails, users and groups accept for password to the new mail server....but i am trying to find a quicker way of me to able to connect all the users to there mails without me to start recreating them on the new mail server and and giving them ownership to there mails, since they are many this process may take very long.
There are dozens of "mail server" packages out there. Can you be more specific?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
dinoh
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
There are dozens of "mail server" packages out there. Can you be more specific?
Sorry forgot to mention that the new server on linux redhat5.0 and also the old server is the same.i have configured sendmail, dovecot on the new server of which the old server is using the same