LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Ubuntu
User Name
Password
Ubuntu This forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
vlyamtse

Rep: Reputation: 15
selinux on Ubuntu 12 LTS

Hello,
Seems i have confusing queues on SElinux status on Ubuntu 12 LTS... On one hand i read that it's been there since "Hardy" on another: it's broken on "Precise"...
Can anyone advise on what the status is on 12 LTS desktop? And how can i test if it's enabled and working on Ubuntu 12 LTS desktop?
Thanks

Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
vorbote

Distribution: Arch Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, Fedora, Void Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Win10

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I can't give you an answer to your question with precision, but I can tell you that the present status in Debian's SELinux support (Ubuntu's upstream) is rather spotty. You won't have problems in permissive mode (it merely shouts at you) but enforcing mode just doesn't work in anything but the narrowest of cases if lucky. I you are intent to use SELinux instead of Apparmor, I'd suggest you explore a distro that uses it consistently and thoroughly such as Fedora or CentOS.