LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - Installation
User Name
Password
Slackware - Installation This forum is for the discussion of installation issues with Slackware.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #76
ElfShotTheFood

Distribution: Slackware

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0

i tried rotating the screen with slackware, the screen rotated,, but the touch screen input did not.. guess i should read ALL of the xrandr manpage.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #77
koroki

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
What desktop are you using?

Old 05-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #78
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
i like xfce, simple and easy on resources.

not sure if it was the slack current updates, or fixing the rpmb errors, or a little of both, but slackware setup ran without a hitch on the t100, with the 4.1 kernel. unlike previous attempts on all three baytrail devices that ended with disk full errors.

will be reinstalling the vivotab next. i tried a slackpkg -upgrade-all and the machine hung before it finished, i/o error afterwards that attempted to kill init. luckily i had a working install on the sd card to fall back to.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #79
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
ok, todays update is that 32 bit slackware works just fine in uefi mode if you add the EFI/boot/bootia32.efi file to the slackware iso, or to the thumbdrive you copied all the files too.

i installed slackware32 on my t100taf because slack64 ran kinda slow, and i blame the 1 gb of ram. hopefully 32 runs better, less hassle with wine and other progs also. i did install it with the 4.1-rc2 kernel that i built on the vivotab as a 64 bit kernel, but it ran setup and booted just fine, the t100 is currently building a 32 bit kernel with the same .config file as the m80ta used.

ooh, it is done compiling the kernel.

the .config file is attached

edit; forgot the rpmb patch
Attached Files
File Type: txt dotconfig-4.1.0-rc2.txt (91.9 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by ElfShotTheFood; 05-05-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #80
Didier Spaier
LQ Addict

Distribution: Slint64-15.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
ok, todays update is that 32 bit slackware works just fine in uefi mode if you add the EFI/boot/bootia32.efi file to the slackware iso, or to the thumbdrive you copied all the files too.
I am happy you eventually got it working, congrats!

Will you write an How-To on SlackDocs?

Last edited by Didier Spaier; 05-05-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: One word changed.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #81
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
there are still a few issues, i have had the stylus just plain quit working unexpectedly a few times, but it come back on each reboot, also, audio and bluetooth still don't work, even though modules get loaded.

the slackdocs howto is a great idea

Old 05-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #82
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
there are still a lot of stability issues with this tablet. the pen and or the touch screen will just stop working unexpectedly. the wacom_i2c and atmel mxt touchscreen modules apparently do not load, or at least do not show up in lsmod, i have no idea why that is. i can insert them, but it says used by 0.

the wifi will not connect with 4.1-rc4, no idea why, i did not change any config options from rc3.

another issue is that i cannot seem to get xvkbd to come up when using kdm. anyone know how to accomplish this or know of a better on screen keyboard.

i cannot get ubuntu studio to successfully install on the other m80ta that i have, was curious if it had the same stability issues, but alas, it has other issues..... i did make a dd image of the original efi boot partition before i started messing with it, so i can restore either ones system if need be, and figure out the best way to get slackware's efi files installed correctly.

woot has the 64gb version of this tablet refurbished for $179
http://www.woot.com/offers/asus-vivo...ef=cnt_wp_19_4

Last edited by ElfShotTheFood; 05-24-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:01 AM   #83
koroki

I'm waiting for the final version of the 4.1. But I suppose that we need to wait until the 4.2 or 4.4 to have something useful.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #84
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
haven't lost the stylus yet with 4.1-rc5, after an hour plus. wifi works again.

looking into an audio patch.

also slackware setup does not like the efi partition, and does not install elilo.

Last edited by ElfShotTheFood; 05-28-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #85
koroki

Is there anything about the audio?

Old 06-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #86
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
audio doesnt work on a lot of these baytrail devices. this one is no different. i think the t100ta is the only one i know of that has working audio. i have the t100taf......

the stylus and/or touchscreen will still drop out on occasion. rc6 didn't seem to change anything.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #87
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
i sent device info to the hid_multitouch guys. hopefully they can enable multitouch support. maybe that is why the touchscreen drops out, who knows at this point.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #88
koroki

With gnome-shell, I have multitouch support, I thought. When I return at home I check it.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #89
koroki

Linux 4.1 was published on Arch linux. I'm testing and... I think that I lost the wifi. I can't detect it with lsusb or ip addr...

I have the same problems with the touch and the stylus, if I combine them, the touch and stylus stops. However, without wifi, I cannot update the xorg and X11.

On the other hand, the multiple touch is enable ElfShotTheFood. In gnome-shell, the program to show images have multitouch controls and it working (typical as in mobile devices with android).

Old 08-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #90
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod-MudLNPA <--- Beethoven's ode to joy

i think i finally have this thing in a usable state....... the 4.2 series kernel seems to be a lot better in terms of the stylus working. i have still had the touch drop out, but the stylus keeps going. earlier release candidates had no working wifi, but 2.4.0-rc8 seems to be great so far. the touch & stylus both appear stable and the wifi works like it did in the 4.1 series.

i reinstalled with the recent major update to -current that includes the 4.1 kernel, but the slackware installer still does not look for or see the mmc drive, so i installed to a usb drive and dd'ed the installed system to the mmc partition.

i actually used the stylus and did some drawing with krita today...... it has been a long year of banging my head against the wall and there are still issues remaining (audio and bluetooth mostly) but it is nice to finally be able to do some drawing on this tablet.