LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > Linux - Certification
User Name
Password
Linux - Certification This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Linux certification.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
wstewart90

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos.william View Post
I am not this guy man. Certs is nothing for me if i don't have the knowledge and experiences I should have. I am learning from my failure and try work hard each day wish the hope that i can get get a job that i want to earn money for our children.
Then you should definitely understand what the word test dump implies. A lot of people get the impression that you're trying to cheat when you say that you're reading a test dump. On another note. I've got a friend who has a hard time understanding the wording for tests due to language barriers. If it's at all possible to get a system administration job in your area without certifications then I would recommend not worrying too much about the RHCE right now. The RHCE is really meant for candidates who already have years of linux administration experience.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
slx
LQ Newbie

Distribution: CentOS

wstewart90,
Hello, fellow techexamer

Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
kratos.william
LQ Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstewart90 View Post
Then you should definitely understand what the word test dump implies. A lot of people get the impression that you're trying to cheat when you say that you're reading a test dump. On another note. I've got a friend who has a hard time understanding the wording for tests due to language barriers. If it's at all possible to get a system administration job in your area without certifications then I would recommend not worrying too much about the RHCE right now. The RHCE is really meant for candidates who already have years of linux administration experience.
he he i got 7 years linux admin

Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
slx
LQ Newbie

Distribution: CentOS

Quote:
So, did you only fail the EX300 RHCE and pass the EX200 RHCSA?

Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
wstewart90

Quote:
Then I'm not sure why you're wasting your time and money on the RHCE exam. I would look at the exam objectives and make sure I knew whatever was covered in them but with 7 years of experience I'd imagine you don't need an RHCE to get a job. At $400 an exam with a 3 year lifespan, it's really not worth paying the money to maintain. You're time would be better spent learning about enterprise technologies that aren't covered in the RHCE.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
kratos.william
LQ Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstewart90 View Post
Then I'm not sure why you're wasting your time and money on the RHCE exam. I would look at the exam objectives and make sure I knew whatever was covered in them but with 7 years of experience I'd imagine you don't need an RHCE to get a job. At $400 an exam with a 3 year lifespan, it's really not worth paying the money to maintain. You're time would be better spent learning about enterprise technologies that aren't covered in the RHCE.
No man. It is not my money for some projects in pre-sale positions your company needs people have certification man IT is a policy.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #37
rpmacaspac

Distribution: centos 6

hey GURU! i wanna have rhcsa or rhce cert someday. since iam new to this, im confused what distro should i use for practice. right now im using centos.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmacaspac View Post
hey GURU! i wanna have rhcsa or rhce cert someday. since iam new to this, im confused what distro should i use for practice. right now im using centos.
Spell out your words please. And if you used the LQ Search Function, you'd see many, MANY answers to this. CentOS is recommended, since it's almost identical to RHEL, but free.

And have you read any of the replies in this thread, and the many others like it?? You should NOT focus on getting a 'certification', but focus on the KNOWLEDGE behind it. LEARN what you're doing.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #39
kratos.william
LQ Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil4984 View Post
HI frds,

I have finished the RHCE certification,I m confused of going forward wat to do next .kindly suggest me wat can do next means like go for storage or virtualization or anything else .kindly linux experts help me.....
Are you interested in ex318 ? I am building my own lab for it ) If you are interested in too we can discuss and share books/references ? I only have ver old version for the book.
happy to conquer new challenge )
Thanks everyone.

K

Last edited by kratos.william; 09-27-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #40
onebuck

Distribution: SlackwareŽ

Rep: Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158
Moderator Response

Quote:
Are you interested in ex318 ? I am building my own lab for it ) If you are interested in too we can discuss and share books/references ? I only have ver 3 for the RH book.
happy to conquer new challenge )
Thanks everyone.

K
RedHat material is copyrighted therefore your intent may be good but still illegal to share content material. Please re-read LQ Rules;
Quote:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

Although the administrators and moderators of LinuxQuestions.org will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author. LinuxQuestions.org will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

LinuxQuestions.org retains the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

This is *not* your average Linux forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers we continue to remain extremely friendly to both the newbie and the expert. When posting in the forum keep the following in mind:
  • Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
Please take notice for the above underlined section. You agreed to abide by LQ Rules therefore please cease offering copyrighted material too other LQ members.

As a new member to LQ you might consider re-reading the entire LQ Rules to refresh your memory so as to prevent any future violations.

If you have any questions then feel free to contact me or LQ Admin.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #41
senthil4984
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
HI william,

I am interested in RHCVA ,so shall we go and proceed further for new challenge .please give me your personal mail id.I was searching for the guy like you.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #42
kratos.william
LQ Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil4984 View Post
HI william,

I am interested in RHCVA ,so shall we go and proceed further for new challenge .please give me your personal mail id.I was searching for the guy like you.
please add my skypeid: kratos.william
thnx

Old 09-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #43
wstewart90

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx View Post
wstewart90,
Hello, fellow techexamer
Hows it going? The atmosphere isn't as friendly as it is on techexams but there's a lot more linux knowledge in these forums.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #44
senthil4984
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
still not started ,I love this forum actually thats y i joined instead of reading book we can refer this forum because this gives the real time experience knowledge.
william i added u ,

Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #45
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru

Distribution: Gentoo, LFS

Rep: Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934Reputation: 3934
If you want to learn this craft, start by listening attentively to what some of the senior folks around here ... especially the moderators ... are saying in-conversation in the various forums. You won't advance your career by taking a test which will essentially say that you "know" what you don't (couldn't) yet. You will do so by carefully cultivating the impression in others' minds, by what you do and by what you say here (especially here ...), that you are competent, trustworthy, engaged, faithful.

Does this sound "corny" or "irrelevant" to you? It should not. People who work with computer systems, in the way that we all do, work very close to the beating-heart of their employers' business. A few people are trusted with the keys. Many people see their 'power' and want to join them, but do not want to pay the price; to pay their dues. (Many other clever people sell those people certificates.) Impressions, sometimes first impressions, "the gut," are everything.

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 12-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.