LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > Linux - Certification
User Name
Password
Linux - Certification This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Linux certification.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
ryuki012880
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
No, I'm listening...but again, you seem to be bound and determined to call folks liars, and think that only your opinion is the right one. Yes, you have to perform tasks. If you read something over and over, and AGAIN, practice on a system you can build at home, you will be able to perform a task, WITHOUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Your reasoning is like saying "No one but a highly skilled engineer could build a car engine...they are very complex, and it will take years to master that". But that's not true...you could give someone a book with step-by-step directions (and pictures), and they could do it. DESIGNING one and KNOWING how they work is one thing....being able to parrot back something is another.

Nope..there are 75,000 people with certificates. A much smaller portion of those know what they're doing.

You don't have to say it, or keep saying it...I know what the test entails. And no matter WHAT you say, it doesn't change the fact that I've met these people (many of them), and they aren't alone. You still are missing the point...you're looking at this from the point of view of someone who WOULD take the test for the right reasons...because they're skilled, and want to prove it. You're not even acknowledging that there are folks who don't CARE about that, and just want a piece of paper.

Are there skilled, intelligent people who have MBA's? There sure are...but there are many more who just got it to SAY they got it, and are dumb as a bag of doorknobs. Saying those folks don't exist is just a stupid as saying that anyone with RH certifications are always perfectly qualified.

Whatever you say; as before, I honestly don't care what you believe, since you're acting like you're a child. You're wrong, rude, and obviously think that a certification matters. It doesn't.
I'am a RHCA holder if you think it is easy then try it and just pass the exam, don't compare Redhat cert like any other certification such us LPI, Microsoft, or even Cisco from CCNA - CCDA - CCNP (these are crap dumps all over, even sell the questionare what a joke!) if there is one in Cisco probably CCIE is still a respectable cert to have, you think you know linux just because you have used it? try troubleshooting it when the system is broken and do configuration without your best friend google that is what you get when you go for Redhat exams!!

Let me give you a scenario in the exam: make your system bootable, kernel panic - unable to allocate memory.

Does it look like someone who don't know how to add a user in linux could fix that? crap!

Last edited by ryuki012880; 12-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #32
onebuck

Distribution: SlackwareŽ

Rep: Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158Reputation: 3158
Moderator Response

LQ Rules
Quote:
  • Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated.
  • Flame Wars will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post if you do not have anything constructive to say in the post.
  • When posting in an existing thread, ensure that what you're posting is on-topic and relevant to the thread. If the content of your post will interfere with the current discussion, you should start a new thread.
  • Your thread may be moved to a more appropriate forum at a moderator's discretion.
  • Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack. Differing opinions is one of the things that make this site great.
Please observe and follow the above LQ rules.

I will remind you that the OP request is;
Quote:
Originally Posted by raviraj_1993 View Post
Hi,i am completing my diploma(final year)in CSE and i have completed My training of RHCE..i am too much interested in LINUX & NETWORKING.. so which certification should i do RHCA or CCIE ??
Everyone,enough of this cert weight. Answer the OP constructively and get back on topic. As each of you should know not everyone can achieve or be successful without study or experimentation for any subject be it practical or theoretical. Certs are just away of showing one's abilities for the test taken. Does not mean the person knows the whole field of study. Just a means to identify abilities as weighted by the test for certification.

Please get back on OP's topic or this thread will be closed since a few are debating away from the request thus not providing constructive information for the OP.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
ryuki012880
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebuck View Post
LQ RulesPlease observe and follow the above LQ rules.

I will remind you that the OP request is;

Everyone,enough of this cert weight. Answer the OP constructively and get back on topic. As each of you should know not everyone can achieve or be successful without study or experimentation for any subject be it practical or theoretical. Certs are just away of showing one's abilities for the test taken. Does not mean the person knows the whole field of study. Just a means to identify abilities as weighted by the test for certification.

Please get back on OP's topic or this thread will be closed since a few are debating away from the request thus not providing constructive information for the OP.
I agree thanks for the moderation atleast now we can focus on the main topic, to answer the question go for both RHCA and CCIE they are respectable and good cert to have, a proof that you can do somethings without our best friend :P, nowadays you need to atleast know both system and network.

Last edited by ryuki012880; 12-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuki012880 View Post
I'am a RHCA holder if you think it is easy then try it and just pass the exam, don't compare Redhat cert like any other certification such us LPI, Microsoft, or even Cisco from CCNA - CCDA - CCNP (these are crap dumps all over, even sell the questionare what a joke!) if there is one in Cisco probably CCIE is still a respectable cert to have, you think you know linux just because you have used it? try troubleshooting it when the system is broken and do configuration without your best friend google that is what you get when you go for Redhat exams!!
Yes, I know what the RH exams are like, thanks. And I know what the Cisco exams are like as well.
Quote:
Let me give you a scenario in the exam: make your system bootable, kernel panic - unable to allocate memory.
Does it look like someone who don't know how to add a user in linux could fix that? crap!
No, but again, please re-read what I posted. Yes, there are people who are certified that actually EARNED their spots. There are others who didn't, and/or just lie about having one to get a job.

I stated my opinion...I don't give certifications much weight at all when it comes to hiring someone. I look at experience first. And I am NOT saying it's a bad thing to get a certification, just that it should be done for the right reasons. Far too often people are posting, asking for help getting certified, when they've not had ANY experience with Linux yet.

Last edited by TB0ne; 12-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.