LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
lleb

Distribution: CentOS/Fedora/Pop!_OS

Rep: Reputation: 551Reputation: 551Reputation: 551Reputation: 551Reputation: 551Reputation: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4you View Post
Hi,

your question, brings me the curiosity, and the thirsty of knowledge. How does that work and how can that help me?
I mean : "cloning your gameserver MAC into the router, so that it can acquire the router's public ip?"
Its something related to programming? Cause i cannot access the source code, i would have to ask the DEV teams to do it.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers
no, has nothing to do with the application and everything to do with the router.

ifconfig as root will display your MAC address of the NIC you are using eth0 most likely. take that MAC address and "clone" it in the router. not all routers are capable of this, but many are.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #32
gerhard.tinned
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
My router has the possibility to setup a DMZ which acts like a port forwarding from port 1 to port 65535 to a specified IP. As it is in my case the router supports it. The nice thing on it is you just specify the IP and the rest is configured by the router itself.

If you do not have that you can usually do it yourself. If you want all ports forwarded just specify the complete range instead of the ports individually. Most routers support the forwarding of a range.