LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Linux Mint
User Name
Password
Linux Mint This forum is for the discussion of Linux Mint.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
2sassy

Rep: Reputation: 0
Linux Mint 13: Bluetooth Issue

I have a generic bluetooth dongle, Version 3.0 which is able to connect my iPod Touch and iPad but not my Apple wireless keyboard. I use Blueman as my Bluetooth manager. When I try to connect the keyboard I get this message,

Bluetooth Authentication

Authorization request for: Apple Wireless Keyboard (E8 followed by the mask number) Service: Human Interface Device Service (HID)

Always accept; Accept; Deny

I can't make heads or tails what I should do next. I'll assume the E in front of the mask number is an error message. Any thoughts?

Old 10-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
druuna
LQ Veteran

Rep: Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405
Thread is marked as being [SOLVED] and no solution is present.

@OP: Can you provide the solution so that others can also benefit from it?

Taken off the zero-reply list.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
2sassy

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by druuna View Post
Thread is marked as being [SOLVED] and no solution is present.

@OP: Can you provide the solution so that others can also benefit from it?

Taken off the zero-reply list.
My apologies for not saying how I resovled my issue, I thought I had. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

My solution was to toss the apple keyboard aside for a cheap wireless keyboard (ver 3.0). As with my USB bluetooth dongle (ver 4.0) neither worked in Linux Mint Maya (13). I think Maya's kernal is 3.2.0 or something? Oh, and I also needed bluetooth manager from Software Manager (Blueman) to configure my USB dongle (ver 3.0) in order for the keyboard, mouse, tablet, and iPod to work. Blueman was a simple, quick setup, everything loaded it up. and worked.

Note: When I ran Linux Mint 15 live and installed, Apple's keyboard worked via a bluetooth dongle (ver 4.0) flawlessly.

Last edited by 2sassy; 10-23-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: one more thing

Old 01-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
mendologist
LQ Newbie

Distribution: OS/4 & Puppy

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Mint 13 Bluetooth problem

Forgive me if I am doing this wrong!

Bluetooth drivers as supplied with Mint 13, Mate and Xfce, both 32 & 64 bit do not work.
I removed "mate-bluetooth", then installed "blueman" Bluetooth Manager and, accessing it through the "Memu", was able to connect my Bluetooth Mouses to both my Laptop (Core2Duo 1.6) and Netbook (Samsung N145+).

Regards
Mendologist