LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - Installation
User Name
Password
Slackware - Installation This forum is for the discussion of installation issues with Slackware.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
timschwartz
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
ide drive not recognized

Its been awhile since I've used slackware so bear with me if this is a dumb question.
Ive been trying to install 14.1 but want to put it on a 250 gig western digital ide drive.
I also have a 500 gig Seagate sata drive which cfdisk locates just fine. Thats the backup drive tho. How do I get it to see the ide drive? Thanks if anyone has a solution for this.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
Didier Spaier
LQ Addict

Distribution: Slint64-15.0

Hi, welcome to LQ and this forum.

It would be interesting to know how your WD IDE drive is seen as a block device.

So please launch the installer and once you've got the prompt (after the fake login as "root"), plug in a partitioned USB key, mount one of its partition as /mnt then issue following command:
Code:
lsblk -o MAJ:MIN,NAME,KNAME,FSTYPE,MODEL,SIZE,TYPE,MOUNTPOINT,STATE > /mnt/lsblk.txt
and attach lsblk.txt to your next post or just copy/paste it.

Last edited by Didier Spaier; 08-15-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
timschwartz
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
I would like to but don't have any usb sticks If I were to buy something, I'd get another drive. Thanks tho

Old 08-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
timschwartz
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Thanks Didier, I went ahead and got a new drive, plugged it into the same spot on the board where it saw the other one and used that to install instead. Setup did find the other drives after all once it was going. So all is well and 14.1 is installed, just a few things to install yet