LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Linux Deepin
User Name
Password
Linux Deepin This forum is for the discussion of Linux Deepin.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
ilox
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Exclamation Deepin 2014 RC: Incorrect Time Zone information

Some of you may recall a previous post about the Time Zone settings in Deepin 2013 - the options were all set on hourly increments.

Well nobody on the Dev team took any notice of my post, the new 2014RC is still on hourly increments!

While South Australia might be an infinitesimal section of your market - our zone is GMT +9hr 30 mins - what about a major IT-aware country like India? India is 5:30 hours ahead of UTC. Most other Linux Distros seem to have been able to incorporate the right time zone information, now it is time for Deepin to get with it.

Wikipedia says:
"Newfoundland, India, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Burma, Sri Lanka, the Marquesas, as well as parts of Australia use half-hour deviations from standard time, and some nations, such as Nepal, and some provinces, such as the Chatham Islands, use quarter-hour deviations."
The full listing of World Time Zones is at;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zo...of_UTC_offsets

During Installation I correctly selected the Map option and located the cursor at Adelaide (our Capital) and it set everything up for Adelaide except it set the Time zone as +10 hours. It isn't, it is +9.5 hours.

Trying to adjust it once installed brings me nothing but grief. So many entries and nothing for Adelaide. Nothing other than hourly increments.

This time - before the RC is locked in place - can somebody please fix this problem?

Last edited by ilox; 06-18-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added info on installation procedure

Old 06-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
cxbii
LDcontributor

Distribution: LinuxDeepin

Hello friends, I'm from Deepin official team.
Your question has been recorded, but we are Chinese. We solve this problem you need help, please contact me, my e-mail: chenxiangbang AT linuxdeepin.com

Old 06-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
doomcake
LQ Newbie

Deepin seems to have a problem with GMT settings for timezones.

England + G.M.T are the centre of the universe,so i would expect this simple detail to be working properly.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
ilox
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxbii View Post
Hello friends, I'm from Deepin official team.
Your question has been recorded, but we are Chinese. We solve this problem you need help, please contact me, my e-mail: chenxiangbang AT linuxdeepin.com
Hello chenxiangbang, not sure what you are asking from me. I have told you the problem and shown where to get the right information so that the database can be expanded to properly allow for time zones that are not exactly on the hour separation.

Would it be more appropriate to raise this error as a Bug Report so that it can be allotted and tracked?

I cannot code but I am happy to advise the information which is required to be available as an option to anybody trying to set the time correctly.

At present I have to manually adjust the time so that my computer shows it correctly.

Last edited by ilox; 06-21-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:05 AM   #5
cxbii
LDcontributor

Distribution: LinuxDeepin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilox View Post
Hello chenxiangbang, not sure what you are asking from me. I have told you the problem and shown where to get the right information so that the database can be expanded to properly allow for time zones that are not exactly on the hour separation.

Would it be more appropriate to raise this error as a Bug Report so that it can be allotted and tracked?

I cannot code but I am happy to advise the information which is required to be available as an option to anybody trying to set the time correctly.

At present I have to manually adjust the time so that my computer shows it correctly.
Deepin 2014 Release has fixed this problem. Please check whether this problem still exists.