LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Containers
User Name
Password
Linux - Containers This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Linux containers. Docker, LXC, LXD, runC, containerd, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Mesos, rkt, and all other Linux container platforms are welcome.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
johnpedou
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Error Adding a node to Docker Swarm

I'm following the guide on https://docs.docker.com/engine/swarm/swarm-tutorial/add-nodes/ to add a node after creating a swarm. I ran

Quote:
sudo docker swarm init --advertise-addr 35.163.93.96 --listen-addr 127.0.0.1
to create the swarm. Then, to try and join I ran

Quote:
sudo docker swarm join --token SWMTKN-1-4h71pkxaykm2lo5pyiu0i1675dw94zwllt5p11iswyq17gkojf-14i50r7g49nh98rd3w847d7pj
35.163.93.96:2377
I keep getting the same error

Quote:
Error response from daemon: Timeout was reached before node was joined. The attempt to join the swarm will continue in the background. Use the "docker info" command to see the current swarm status of your node.
After running
Quote:
sudo docker info
I see that Swarm: pending. I have looked online, (including on SO) to find a remedy to this and nothing has worked. I tried restarting the docker service and leaving the swarm on both the manager and the worker then remaking it the swarm and restarting docker in a certain order. I tried following the tutorial on Docker's official youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x843GyFRIIY&index=7&list=PLkA60AVN3hh8lmRdhPKzsNJvZxJ8dpj4) where they demonstrated doing it with containers and that also did not work. I also noticed that other people who posted similar questions to this did not always get a response that worked. At this point I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by johnpedou; 01-10-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Habitual
LQ Veteran

Distribution: Catalina

SecurityGroup for the instance. Port needs to be opened.
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/l...ecurity-groups
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/l...ity-group-rule

Good Luck.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #3
johnpedou
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. It turned out to be that and a bunch of other stuff I needed to do with AWS CLI

Old 01-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
Habitual
LQ Veteran

Distribution: Catalina

I love aws-cli
SecGroup is the front-line of your defense in AWS.

What else is baking your banana?
I know a little.