Can someone help me understand how 'droid KitKat dances with files and folders?
I recently received and applied the KitKat (v4.4.2 AT&T) update over the air. Previously, I was using JellyBean (v4.3.1 AT&T). After the update, I'm having all sorts of troubles
- my content does not go where it used to go during download, save attachment &c
- all sorts of folders have appeared on the phone for apps that already had folders elsewhere
- apps cannot find content in the old folders
- the 'camera' and 'gallery' app have serious troubles. (eg -- I now have three folders named "camera" that get used for new pix in a random way.)
- the file picker seems blind to parts of the /storage/ folder tree
- apps can't seem to write my SD card
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with a lot that is much better with KitKit. I believe there is a method to this madness. I hope my LQ colleagues can help me sort out my confusion.
Thanks in advance,