LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Lestrad

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Mounting network share with Arch Linux: need rpcbind at boot time

Hello to all. I was having trouble mounting an NFS network share (on a NAS) on Arch Linux running on a Wandboard. This is a small dedicated headless system that has one function - running Logitech Media Server (LMS). The Linux implementation is called SqueezeOnArch (SOA).

I found a solution: The NAS (a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+) uses NFS version 3, and Arch Linux requires the rpcbind service to mount an NFS3 share. With rpcbind started, I can mount the share. But the problem is that the SOA implementation of Linux doesn't start rpcbind by default.
Now I need to figure out how to make sure that the rpcbind service is enabled and started at boot, or at some point before the share is mounted. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance
Les

Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
DarrenDrapkin

Distribution: Slackware x86 64 version 15.0

Rep: Reputation: 27
This is one of theses things that used to be easy on init. Root needed to insert the relevant mount command into rc.local. Now, I suppose that you have to do it with an option to mount, what option I do not know.
Does anyone know how to do it in systemd ?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #3
Lestrad

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDrapkin View Post
This is one of theses things that used to be easy on init. Root needed to insert the relevant mount command into rc.local. Now, I suppose that you have to do it with an option to mount, what option I do not know.
Does anyone know how to do it in systemd ?
-Update- I mounted the share via the frontend that's provided by SOA and it seems to have taken care of things. It wrote a line to fstab to mount the disk at boot time, but what it did elsewhere to ensure that rpcbind starts I don't know. I'll try to figure it out and report back.

1 members found this post helpful.

Tags
nfs