LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #2071
bosox

Rep: Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
It means that nexdef is advertising the stream as being available but the stream really isn't available. You see, mlbviewer is like a travel agent while nexdef is a train depot, but ultimately the trains (aka the network) have to come in order to honor the service you paid for. One thing you can try on your end is restarting the nexdef plugin (autobahn.jar.) If that doesn't work, then the problem is almost definitely on the network end (trains are listed on the arrivals boards but they aren't leaving the station.) Of course, one more way to confirm this is to use a traffic monitor widget (anything that tells you how much bandwidth is coming into your computer) to see if perhaps the stream is coming, but the plugin isn't making it available to mplayer.

Maybe a future revision will allow you to modify your max_bps without restarting mlbviewer but that's not on the near term list.
got it. that is what i thought, but just wanted to confirm.

the 3000k feed works great for me when it is available. there is a crash if i manually switch to 2200k, but i rarely do that. it just makes it important to set the maximum correctly for new users, because if that value is set wrong a lot of crashes may occur.

quick question. how long usually after the game ends can they be watched in the archive? does the amount of time change depending on if it is in or out of market?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #2072
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

Rep: Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox View Post
when i try to open tonight's rangers game mlb viewer crashes with the following traceback:

seems fine for the other games. any idea?
Are you using the most current svn revision? I can't reproduce this crash with revision 208.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:40 AM   #2073
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

Quote:
got it. that is what i thought, but just wanted to confirm.

the 3000k feed works great for me when it is available. there is a crash if i manually switch to 2200k, but i rarely do that. it just makes it important to set the maximum correctly for new users, because if that value is set wrong a lot of crashes may occur.

quick question. how long usually after the game ends can they be watched in the archive? does the amount of time change depending on if it is in or out of market?
If you are a nexdef user, you can watch them in the archive right after the game ends. Actually, you can start from the top of the 1st as soon as that half inning completes. So you don't have to wait for the game to complete to start watching it as if it was already archived. Use the 'i' key to bring up the "jump to innings" interface.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #2074
mjbcoug
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu (Jaunty)

Rep: Reputation: 0
problems today...

Is anyone else having problems connecting to ANYTHING today? I can't connect to the live STL-FLA game or any archived game. Did MLB.com suddenly change something or am I doing something stupid? I get the following from DEBUG regardless of the game/stream I select:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 1508, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 1201, in mainloop
u = g.soapurl()
File "/home/mark/mlbviewer/MLBviewer/mlbtv.py", line 1179, in soapurl
reply = client.service.find(**soapd)
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 240, in __call__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 379, in call
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 240, in __call__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 422, in call
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 480, in invoke
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 505, in send
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/client.py", line 537, in succeeded
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/binding.py", line 140, in get_reply
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/binding.py", line 197, in replycomposite
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 302, in process
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 87, in process
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 103, in append
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 180, in append_children
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 103, in append
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 180, in append_children
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 101, in append
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/suds/bindings/unmarshaller.py", line 323, in start
suds.TypeNotFound: Type not found: 'platform'

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #2075
mswift42

Rep: Reputation: 16
same error for me. I guess mlb.com changed something. Maybe gloating about how much better mlbviewer than the flash player is, especially on the mlb.com support forum is not such a good idea.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #2076
poorboywilly

Rep: Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswift42 View Post
same error for me. I guess mlb.com changed something. Maybe gloating about how much better mlbviewer than the flash player is, especially on the mlb.com support forum is not such a good idea.
Temp fix until daftcat puts out new revision:

add
Code:
<element minOccurs="0" name="platform" type="xsd:string"/> <!-- HACKED HERE, added -->
after line 114 of your ~/.mlb/MediaService.xsd, rm -r /tmp/suds and enjoy! It appears the 3000k streams are fubared again, so you'll have to deal with that.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #2077
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboywilly View Post
Temp fix until daftcat puts out new revision:

add
Code:
<element minOccurs="0" name="platform" type="xsd:string"/> <!-- HACKED HERE, added -->
after line 114 of your ~/.mlb/MediaService.xsd, rm -r /tmp/suds and enjoy! It appears the 3000k streams are fubared again, so you'll have to deal with that.
Sweet! Thanks for the patch. I'm glad you got this taken care of quickly.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #2078
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

SVN revision 209: MediaService.xsd refresh

As discovered earlier today, mlb.com has decided to add yet another element to their SOAP messages.

If you are getting an error that ends in:

Code:
suds.TypeNotFound: Type not found: 'platform'
You will need to update to this revision.

You will also need to perform the following steps:

Code:
$ cp MediaService.xsd ~/.mlb
$ rm -r /tmp/suds
If you still encounter this error, you probably haven't done one of the above correctly.

To verify that you have this patch applied (and you have performed at least the first step correctly:

Code:
$ grep platform ~/.mlb/MediaService.xsd
0.1alpha12 has been released on Sourceforge. It is SVN revision 210. with the version number changed. SVN revision 210 is identical to svn revision 209 except the version number has been incremented to 0.1alpha12svn in revision 210.

Last edited by daftcat; 06-11-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Including sourceforge release information

Old 06-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #2079
bosox

Quote:
Are you using the most current svn revision? I can't reproduce this crash with revision 208.
i just updated to 210 and am STILL getting that same error from last night's rangers game. it is not a big deal, but it is nonetheless strange. all other games play fine for me, but i get this error for both the home and away feed on that one game.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #2080
abeboparebop
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
The Rangers didn't play last night, their game was rained out.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #2081
bosox

Quote:
If you are a nexdef user, you can watch them in the archive right after the game ends. Actually, you can start from the top of the 1st as soon as that half inning completes. So you don't have to wait for the game to complete to start watching it as if it was already archived. Use the 'i' key to bring up the "jump to innings" interface.
i usually get a message to the effect that the "media is not yet available," but i have not tried to start it with the inning option. i will try that tonight.

however, i assume this is not the case for in-market games? should those be available right after they conclude, or is there some sort of extended blackout period?

edit: i just tried to start the marlin's game from earlier today and get the following message whether i try to start the game normally, or by selecting an inning:
Quote:
An error occurred in locating the game stream:

Requested Media Available Yet.
i think a "not" is missing in there as well! :-P

i saw a thread this thread the other day at mlbsupport -- is this the issue?
http://www.mlbsupport.com/forum/view...hp?f=27&t=8564

from this it sounds like you can indeed start in the middle while the game is still playing, but once it ends nothing can be started until it is "archived" -- whatever that means. i find this usually is 1-2 hours after completion.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #2082
bosox

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeboparebop View Post
The Rangers didn't play last night, their game was rained out.
well that explains why there is no feed. but it is still strange that the player crashes. and yes, it does say "postponed" -- i missed this before!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #2083
poorboywilly

Rep: Reputation: 18
Quote:
Sweet! Thanks for the patch. I'm glad you got this taken care of quickly.
NP. stdout.py made it a cinch once I realized it was an unexpected element in the xml

It looks like MOBILE and WEB_MEDIAPLAYER are the only "platforms" so far, but I was loathe to add these as the only options in the schema because as soon as MLB adds a different platform than we have another validation error. Hhaving the "platform" may make it easier for you to sort out which streams are useful to us though.

Last edited by poorboywilly; 06-11-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #2084
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboywilly View Post
NP. stdout.py made it a cinch once I realized it was an unexpected element in the xml

It looks like MOBILE and WEB_MEDIAPLAYER are the only "platforms" so far, but I was loathe to add these as the only options in the schema because as soon as MLB adds a different platform than we have another validation error. Hhaving the "platform" may make it easier for you to sort out which streams are useful to us though.
If they actually just knew what they were doing with the SOAP and kept the xsd's valid and up-to-date, we could point at their xsd on the server. But they don't and they don't and they make changes like this whenever they feel like it without making the change to the xsd on their server. Someone should call the SOAP police on them.

Oh, and yes, the test/* scripts are invaluable for things like this. Sometimes it seems I put way too much information in those scripts until a problem like this comes along and then bingo! you realize why these have so much debug in them.

Last edited by daftcat; 06-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #2085
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer

Quote:
i usually get a message to the effect that the "media is not yet available," but i have not tried to start it with the inning option. i will try that tonight.

however, i assume this is not the case for in-market games? should those be available right after they conclude, or is there some sort of extended blackout period?

edit: i just tried to start the marlin's game from earlier today and get the following message whether i try to start the game normally, or by selecting an inning:

i think a "not" is missing in there as well! :-P

i saw a thread this thread the other day at mlbsupport -- is this the issue?
http://www.mlbsupport.com/forum/view...hp?f=27&t=8564

from this it sounds like you can indeed start in the middle while the game is still playing, but once it ends nothing can be started until it is "archived" -- whatever that means. i find this usually is 1-2 hours after completion.
Ah, yes, there is a blackout period that extends until the game is archived for in-market games. For out-of-market games, you can use the innings interface at any time during and after the game.

Tags
help, install, installation, instructions, seek, vlc, windows