LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Mandriva
User Name
Password
Mandriva This Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
srikar_gottipati
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mandriva Spring

Rep: Reputation: 15
Problems with Wireless and Beryl combo

Hi,

I'm a Linux newbie and installed Mandriva 2007.1 recently. Everything works very well and I have been very impressed with Mandriva Spring. But I have a very strange problem with the wireless and Beryl combo. I use a Compaq Presario V3000z notebook which has a Broadcomm 4310 wireless card. When I set switch off the 3D desktop option, my wireless works like a dream,absolutely no problem. But,when I turn on the 3D desktop on native support with Beryl,my wireless seems to go down. The icon in the system tray shows wireless is still on,but it doesn't connect. Once I turn of the 3D, it works and I can cleary sense the difference.I use the BC 43xx drivers built into Mandriva. Plz suggest what I could do, as this is getting really frustrating.

Thanks,
Srikar

Tags
beryl, combo, mandriva, wireless