ROCKThis forum is for the discussion of ROCK Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I am having problems installing ROCK Linux.
I made a partition that is 18GB (type 83)(my hard drive is 2GB
Here is what I did:
1. I boot up my laptop
2. I get to the rock linux startup screen.
3. I type ROCK <ENTER>
4. It goes throught some code
5. I am at the first stage boot system
6. I type 0 to load to the 2nd boot screan
7. I type 0 to load CD
8. I type 1 to load the "2nd_stage" image file
9. I typed enter at terminal devices list
10. Then I typed stone
11. Then I pressed enter to install the system
12. After that I pressed enter to install gasgui package manager
13. Then I press enter to do a full install
14. Then I press enter to install "/old_root" package
15. Then I press the down button and then press enter
It installes up to the sixth package. But on the "DISK #1: Installing apache-2.0.55-0" it comes up with a stupid error that says " While installing GEM file /mnt/source/TRUNK-X86-pentuim-mmx-32-crystal/pkgs/apache-2.0.55-0.gem (var/opt/apache/lib/manual/sections.html.es): No space left on device. Error while installing package apache!
Skip or Retry (default=Retry)
Please post your thread in only one forum. Posting a single thread in the most relevant forum will make it easier for members to help you and will keep the discussion in one place. This thread is being closed because it is a duplicate.