Trouble upgrading Apache, MySQL, PHP on RHEL AS4
I am new to Linux and have started with RHEL AS4. I managed to install the RHEL AS 4 successfully with all the default options. Now I want to upgrade the APACHe, MySQL and PHP to the latest versions. I have not found any RPM for RHEL on the net so decided to go the other way of compiling the source and installing each component separetely.
I have following problems/questions.
1) Should I be compiling source or wait for RPMs.(can anyone point me to the correct RPms for latest versions of Apache, MySQL, PHP)
2) How do I find out what dependencies each of the components have, which will be required to be updated.
3) I installed the Apaches 2.2.3 by compiling the source with default options but how do it get it to work. httpd -v still shows the preveious version.
4) What is the correct order of installing AMP.
5) Should I uninstall the previous versions of AMP, if yes then how?