talk talk daemon configuration
We are having Red Hat Linux 9.0 installed on one machine and am accessing that system through the telnet.
My problem is that
the talk is working fine in the server ie the system in which the linux was installed . and am (other machine in which am accesing the linux system through telnet) when tryng to send the messsage talk username it is giving me the error message
" daemon : Connection Refused ]"
can u please provide me the solutuon of how to resolve this error.
When you post about problems like that, please be so kind and show how you have tried to troubleshoot the problem. Demonstrate that
* the talk daemon is enabled (show with 'chkconfig' and 'service' commands)
* show its configuration file and/or its xinetd config file
* it is listening on the correct port (use 'netstat' or 'socklist' or equivalent)
* no firewalls are active (show 'iptables-save' output)
* a network connection to the remove machine exists (netstat -nr ; ifconfig -a)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.|