I want to install snowflock on Centos 5.8 with the rpm. It required the following dependancies. I cannot find them
python(abi) = 2.5
From the other thread you have learned (and should have presented here) that RHEL-5, and therefore Centos 5, uses python-2.4.3 and that tinfo is part of the curses package. You also learned you should not run obsolete distribution releases.
This leaves you with a few options:
- find a Centos or Scientific Linux release that comes with python-2.5 or more recent,
- check the Centos Wiki for 3rd party repos (EPEL, Karan) and query them for offering python-2.5 as a package to be installed alongside current python,
- search the 'net for other sources that offer python-2.5 as a package to be installed alongside current python,
- build Python yourself as a package to be installed alongside current python ("make altinstall", Python buildout, Python virtualenv),
- build Python yourself to replace current python (Centos should not have its specific Python version replaced as it depends on it for package management and core system configuration utilities), or
- find another distribution that comes with python-2.5 or more recent.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.|