Red HatThis forum is for the discussion of Red Hat Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I'm running RH WS4: Linux version 2.6.9-5.ELsmp
My subscription ran out a few months ago...
Yesterday I downloaded FireFox 3.0 and immediately tripped-up on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 not found. I never found an rpm specific to WS4; found a lot for fedora.
Instead decided to build it;
1. download cairo (don't forget pixman!)
2. ./configure first failed to find some pixman.pc files; kludge to PKG_CONFIG_PATH env variable
3. ./configure can't find x11.pc - file nowhere to be found on system
4. ./configure complained/failed also because "requested PNG backend could not be found".
5. abandon building libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
6. found a pango rpm - pango-1.12.0-1.i386.rpm - that says it includes libpangocairo. rpm says:
cairo >= 0.9.2 is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
glib2 >= 2.6.0-1 is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libX11 is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libXext is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libXft is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libXrender is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
libcairo.so.2 is needed by pango-1.12.0-1.i386
8. found a cairo rpm. rpm says:
error: Failed dependencies:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by cairo-1.0.2-5.i386
9. found a GLIBC rpm. rpm says...
well, you get the picture.
Use yum, you say? OK, I did install yum, but I apparently have some python version madness. If I straighten that out, do you think yum will actually be able to install the pango-112.0-1.i386.rpm ?
Marty La Jeunesse