My installation of Puppy 4.xx has been malfunctioning more and more lately, especially Seamonkey 1.1.8., so I thought I would give Puppy NOP 4x a try, since it is advertised as coming with Opera as the default browser.
I downloaded Puppy-NOP-4.1.2.iso, ran md5sum,burned it and booted, and had some nasty surprises.
1. there's no sign of Opera, and the default browser is Seamonkey.
2. NOP failed to autoconfigure my ADSL ethernet connection, and all attempts to do it manually failed with the same message - driver not found!
Anyone have any idea what's going on?
I'm running Seamonkey 1.1.8 under Puppy 4.1.2 Retro right now, and looking for a way to install a current copy of Opera, hoping that will solve my online problems.
The worst of these are:
1. after weeks of no problems, I can no longer access my gmail account with Seamonkey. The request gets "redirected" indefinitely after I log in.
2. frequently, when I try to "save as" a web page, Seamonkey shuts down and disconnects from the WEB
3. less frequently, this happens when I try to access bookmarks
I'm having other online problems that may or may not be related to the browser, most importantly, Xfprot has stopped working.
Any insights or suggestions would be most welcome.