LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Puppy
User Name
Password
Puppy This forum is for the discussion of Puppy Linux.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
edoc7
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Posts: 4

Rep: Reputation: 0
Is tcl/tk OK on Puppy 2.0x?


Is tcl/tk OK on Puppy 2.0x?

I am looking at a radio scanner app and don't want to jump through
a bunch of hoops only to discover that it cannot work.

There is a ridiculous requirement here of 3 posts before one
may post a URL ... from what planet ... ?


You can do a search on dxzone dot com for BCD396T Manager
and find it.

Sorry for the hassle created by linuxquestions

Thanks! doc
 
Old 06-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
LobsterEd
Puppy Publicity Officer
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Distribution: Puppy
Posts: 63

Rep: Reputation: 23
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoc7
Is tcl/tk OK on Puppy 2.0x?
Yes fine. I have used visual tcl in Puppy2 which still includes the tcl language
 
Old 06-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
edoc7
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Posts: 4

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterEd
Yes fine. I have used visual tcl in Puppy2 which still includes the tcl language
Awesome, thanks!

As soon as the author replies to tell me if it will work with my BR330T scanner as
well as the design device ... if in the affirmative ... I will get it loaded.

Thanks again! doc
 
Old 06-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
BarryK
Puppy Chief Developer
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: Perenjori, Australia
Distribution: Puppy Linux
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: 0
With Puppy 2.01 I upgraded to Tcl/Tk v8.5a4, although it is still alpha,
as I wanted to get the font antialiasing -- want our Tk GUI apps to look
more modern!
However, some Tcl/Tk apps do not work quite right. TkDVD for example, works,
but the main window is not high enough, has to be resized. Some checkboxes
and radiobuttons in the preferences window are greyed-out when not selected
rather than blanked.

Hmm, I wonder if font-antialising got backported to any 8.4 source?
 
Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
edoc7
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Posts: 4

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
With Puppy 2.01 I upgraded to Tcl/Tk v8.5a4, although it is still alpha,
as I wanted to get the font antialiasing -- want our Tk GUI apps to look
more modern!
However, some Tcl/Tk apps do not work quite right. TkDVD for example, works,
but the main window is not high enough, has to be resized. Some checkboxes
and radiobuttons in the preferences window are greyed-out when not selected
rather than blanked.

Hmm, I wonder if font-antialising got backported to any 8.4 source?
Just tried to install wcb3.1.tar.gz using PupGet and it failed with an
error about the app trying to install somewhere other than in a top
level directory.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks! nothing-is-ever-simple-doc
 
Old 07-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
BarryK
Puppy Chief Developer
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: Perenjori, Australia
Distribution: Puppy Linux
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: 0
That's a bug in the pupget script, a restriction left-over from puppy1.x.
I fixed it, for pup 2.02.

But, you can just expand the tarball and copy everything into place.
# tar -zxf file.tar.gz
 
Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
edoc7
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Posts: 4

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
That's a bug in the pupget script, a restriction left-over from puppy1.x.
I fixed it, for pup 2.02.

But, you can just expand the tarball and copy everything into place.
# tar -zxf file.tar.gz
When will 2.02 be available for download, please?

Anxious inquiring minds want to know ... :-)

Thanks! doc
 
  


Reply

Tags
puppy, tcltk


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Useful Puppy Linux Links raffyM Puppy 26 11-12-2014 02:40 PM
Puppy or DSL? colinstu Linux - General 13 12-28-2006 11:12 PM
Using Wine with Puppy Gir Draxon Linux - Software 2 12-07-2006 03:45 AM
How can I edit initrd.gz in puppy 2.0x? irlandes Puppy 9 07-02-2006 07:12 PM
Puppy or DSL? colinstu Linux - Software 3 08-11-2005 02:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration