LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Puppy
User Name
Password
Puppy This forum is for the discussion of Puppy Linux.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
gambolputty
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2006
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
Development files for Pupply 2.10?


I would like to know if there are development files for Puppyos 2.10r1 at all. I have figured out how to install Puppy to a hard drive and want to compile some custom software for it. I found some development files out there for Puppy 2.01, but don't know if they would work at all. Every time a new version of Puppy comes out, please release associated development files too. A guide to upgrading a hard drive install of Puppy would be helpful too.
In order to get Puppy on my hard drive, I had to make about 98% of the drive for /dev/hda1, and the other 2% for /dev/hda2. This got the universal installer to work properly. Doing it this way seems silly as I was hoping that specifying only a /dev/hda1 partition would work. I also had to manually format both partitions as ext3 since the installer automatically made partitions as FAT.
Please put an OpenSSH server in Puppy. It is nice that ssh is there, but having sshd would make it useful for remote diagnosis.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
X development files Turkten Fedora 1 06-13-2006 10:39 PM
Installing development files... jnassiri Linux - General 1 08-22-2004 02:25 AM
X development files not found eam Linux - Software 2 11-26-2003 12:54 AM
libglade development files DennisG Linux - Software 1 09-12-2003 11:53 AM
Missing Development Files knute Slackware 6 08-08-2003 09:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration