3G CDMA wireless USB modem
Because I saw 2 reviews saying it is difficult to make an internet connection with a wireless broadband modem , I thought maybe this can be useful .
I just booted a Puppy 5.2.5 from a CD , and connected to the internet through a ZTE AC2726i CDMA EVDO Rev.A , without using any command line (which I don't know how to use):
1) Clicked in "connect" icon ;
2) Clicked in "Internet by dialup analog or wireless modem" ;
3) At the "PupDial modem Internet dialer" , "Test/Select" , clicked in "CHOOSE" ;
4) At the "PupDial modem selection" , clicked "PROBE" ;
5) Returned to the "PupDial modem Internet dialer" (saw that some data were automatically filled up into it) to fill up the (data provided by the Internet service provider/CDMA cell phone operator) :
a) Phone/Access number
Left other places blanc (discovered that APN is required only for GSM wireless connections) ;
6) Clicked in "CONNECT" , and that is it . Sometimes it fails to connect (due to heavy internet traffic , weak signal to/from the antenna tower ,..), so try item "6" again .
How does that modem differ from say a wired modem/router that has wireless as part of it?
Is the wireless modem you are talking about one that one of the cell phone companies sells that is like a usb flash drive in it being about the same size and plugging into the USB port?
The reason I ask is that I have seen that type that come with a certain amount of time or data and can have more purchased to add.
Just call me dumb when it comes to trying to keep up with changing technology.
b) Yes . Cell phone companies sell it in the way you mentioned or you can buy a lot of other brands at stores of computer/accessories .
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.|