[n00b] help with mounting and others....
im running lupu 5.2.3 from usb.
1. when i plug ext hdd via usb it cant read it although icon appears on screen. when i click it it says no such directory. its funny coz the other usb drives i tried has same message and it was working fine the other day.
2. why does the personal space keep getting bigger? i dont save on the usb but to my ext hdd [above] so why am i always getting low disk space?
3. why does slacko version recognize my cf mem card when racy, wary, and lucid cant? fault?
whew!!!! lots a questions.....
any advise is very appreciated....
1. What is the format and size of the drive? Lupu is a limited type of distro. Could it be some mount issue or user permissions with a mounted external device?
2. How exactly did you install lupu to this drive?
3. Could be the device between the card and computer has drivers in slacko.
Ext2 filesystem is slow to update . pfix=fsck can free some space . As I read Mr Kaulers' blog recently he is fond of ext2 but not me . Use ext3 or ext4 .
The browsers cache should be cleared once a while . Firefox defaults to 50 MB i think, seamonkey to 4 MB .
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.|