The best IDE for developing cross-platform CAD software
Where I work now, I'm developing a (closed source) CAD application, but it uses m$ Visual C++ & the MFC library, so it isn't quite portable. I convinced my boss that cross-platform portability is a good thing, but I'm not sure what's the best combination of language + libraries + IDE.
The combination should fit these requirements:
- it should be possible to use openGL
- it should be possible to make a user-friendly GUI
- it should also be portable to window$
- GUI development should be fast & easy
- it should be possible to connect to a database system
We are considering the following:
C++ & wxWindows
C++ & QT
Kylix seems to have a great IDE, but it doesn't seem to be portable to all Linux platforms (it's closed source). QT's license seems to cause trouble if you make closed-source apps. Is there a good IDE for Java?