LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > Programming
User Name
Password
Programming This forum is for all programming questions.
The question does not have to be directly related to Linux and any language is fair game.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
Sergei Steshenko
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 4,481

Rep: Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztow View Post
But to stop the process i use process->kill() option, so maybe this is the reason. Nevertheless I couldn't find the exit codes for mplayer, anywhere.

But this is still ok, mplayer starts, until I exceed the given memory size. Then this fails to start, also udhcp fails to start. Any process.
Your hypothesis that sometimes you can't start 'mplayer' because of too many processes already running is a valid one.

As I've suggested, wrap 'mplayer' by a script and in that script invoke 'mplayer' this way:

Code:
mplayer <all_the_needed_args> 1>mplayer.log 2>&1
- I assume you do not need 'mplayer' stdout, so it can be redirected to a file - along with stderr. Then upon failure look into 'mplayer.log' file - maybe you'll see some useful messages.

Regarding processes - you can run 'ps' in a manner allowing to see process trees, so analyzing process tree you might come to a conclusion regarding the root cause of having too many processes.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #17
Krzysztow
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 31

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Steshenko View Post
Your hypothesis that sometimes you can't start 'mplayer' because of too many processes already running is a valid one.

As I've suggested, wrap 'mplayer' by a script and in that script invoke 'mplayer' this way:

Code:
mplayer <all_the_needed_args> 1>mplayer.log 2>&1
- I assume you do not need 'mplayer' stdout, so it can be redirected to a file - along with stderr. Then upon failure look into 'mplayer.log' file - maybe you'll see some useful messages.

Regarding processes - you can run 'ps' in a manner allowing to see process trees, so analyzing process tree you might come to a conclusion regarding the root cause of having too many processes.

Thank You for advices, the thing I do is a kind of an application that has a music (voice notes - recording (arecord) and playback(mplayer)). And since this is an ARM (so not that fast as pc), the mplayer starts a bit slower and I ned to know the exact time of starting the playback (actual sound comes out) - first libraries are loaded. It has a delay of 1-2seconds and this is out of question that I use QProcess started() signal. This signal is sent at the point, when loading libraries starts. So what I do, I read the output and when I get "Starting playback" string, I send a feedback to my GUI. With log file, I think it would be problematic - could use grep, or something like that, but still would have to use QProcess to get the feedback in appropriate time.
When it comes to multitude of processes - there are few, because the application is modular - loads created plug-ins. They are all graphical, so take some memory (png-s), but cannot be freed dynamically and then loaded, because it takes too much time for switching between them and the application wouldn't be "user friendly".
If only there was no restriction to the feedback signals the solution of Yours would be the best. However I even have udhcp process run and am reading stdout, to get if (and exactly when - to inform a user) the dynamic IP was assigned. So I need the QProcess... badly.
Therefore the only one solution I can come up with is to allow more for one process (at least it seems to me like this... the easiest solution). This is because when even qprocess fails, console applications may be still run - no problem. So I think, I need to set limits higher, however this is not thta easy, because there is nothing like limits.conf file. The process "ulimit" exists but it may be called only with value or "unlimited" tag (ulimit [limit], no options like ulimit [-acdfHlmnpsStuv] [limit]). And already is set to "unlimited". I just wrote on Angstrom specific mailing list.

Thank You for the time, I really appreciate Your efforts.
So far, I have to wait, helplessly.
 
Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
Sergei Steshenko
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 4,481

Rep: Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztow View Post
Thank You for advices, the thing I do is a kind of an application that has a music (voice notes - recording (arecord) and playback(mplayer)). And since this is an ARM (so not that fast as pc), the mplayer starts a bit slower and I ned to know the exact time of starting the playback (actual sound comes out) - first libraries are loaded. It has a delay of 1-2seconds and this is out of question that I use QProcess started() signal. This signal is sent at the point, when loading libraries starts. So what I do, I read the output and when I get "Starting playback" string, I send a feedback to my GUI. With log file, I think it would be problematic - could use grep, or something like that, but still would have to use QProcess to get the feedback in appropriate time.
When it comes to multitude of processes - there are few, because the application is modular - loads created plug-ins. They are all graphical, so take some memory (png-s), but cannot be freed dynamically and then loaded, because it takes too much time for switching between them and the application wouldn't be "user friendly".
If only there was no restriction to the feedback signals the solution of Yours would be the best. However I even have udhcp process run and am reading stdout, to get if (and exactly when - to inform a user) the dynamic IP was assigned. So I need the QProcess... badly.
Therefore the only one solution I can come up with is to allow more for one process (at least it seems to me like this... the easiest solution). This is because when even qprocess fails, console applications may be still run - no problem. So I think, I need to set limits higher, however this is not thta easy, because there is nothing like limits.conf file. The process "ulimit" exists but it may be called only with value or "unlimited" tag (ulimit [limit], no options like ulimit [-acdfHlmnpsStuv] [limit]). And already is set to "unlimited". I just wrote on Angstrom specific mailing list.

Thank You for the time, I really appreciate Your efforts.
So far, I have to wait, helplessly.
The item in bold suggests poor architectural choice you've made.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #19
Krzysztow
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 31

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Steshenko View Post
The item in bold suggests poor architectural choice you've made.
Hello Mr. Sergei once more,

I try to get rid of the feedback, nevertheless even system() call doesn't work for me. The error I get is "Cannot allocate memory". As I mentioned before, while this happens, I can still run the same process from within the console, so this is not a limitation of the hardware.

I read that when this happens - its either memory limitation for process, or sometimes file descriptors limitation. Nevertheless I tried to change both with setrlimit() function with no avail (To check that setters worked correctly, after having set each parameter I checked if they were set using getrlimit() counterpart). It still errores me with "cannot allocate memory" error. Have You ever encountered such a thing? Do You, by any chance know how to overcome it?

Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #20
Sergei Steshenko
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 4,481

Rep: Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztow View Post
Hello Mr. Sergei once more,

I try to get rid of the feedback, nevertheless even system() call doesn't work for me. The error I get is "Cannot allocate memory". As I mentioned before, while this happens, I can still run the same process from within the console, so this is not a limitation of the hardware.

I read that when this happens - its either memory limitation for process, or sometimes file descriptors limitation. Nevertheless I tried to change both with setrlimit() function with no avail (To check that setters worked correctly, after having set each parameter I checked if they were set using getrlimit() counterpart). It still errores me with "cannot allocate memory" error. Have You ever encountered such a thing? Do You, by any chance know how to overcome it?

Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
AFAIK, nowadays 'mplayer' is based on 'ffmpeg', i.e. the codec functionality is inside 'ffmpeg'. So, maybe you'll use 'ffmpeg', which is also a library, instead of 'mplayer', so you won't need to have IPC (at least, with 'mplayer').
 
Old 04-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #21
Krzysztow
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 31

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Steshenko View Post
AFAIK, nowadays 'mplayer' is based on 'ffmpeg', i.e. the codec functionality is inside 'ffmpeg'. So, maybe you'll use 'ffmpeg', which is also a library, instead of 'mplayer', so you won't need to have IPC (at least, with 'mplayer').
But there is not ffmpeg installed on the device and I am not allowed to do it by myself. And, still I would have to call system("ffmpeg ..."), wouldn't I?

Thank You for sharing Your ideas, glad to read them.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #22
Sergei Steshenko
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 4,481

Rep: Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztow View Post
But there is not ffmpeg installed on the device and I am not allowed to do it by myself. And, still I would have to call system("ffmpeg ..."), wouldn't I?

Thank You for sharing Your ideas, glad to read them.
No, you wouldn't - as I said, 'ffmpeg' is also a library. And that was the point.

Who doesn't allow you to install what you need to do your programming ?

...

Look at the following:


Code:
ldd -v /usr/bin/mplayer
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0xb76b4000)
        libsmbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 (0xb72e0000)
        libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0xb72b6000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb72a1000)
        libmng.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmng.so.1 (0xb721f000)
        libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0xb71fb000)
        libgif.so.4 => /usr/lib/libgif.so.4 (0xb71f1000)
        libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0xb711e000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7119000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb70ff000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xb707e000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xb704d000)
        libfribidi.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfribidi.so.0 (0xb703c000)
        libenca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libenca.so.0 (0xb7016000)
        libbz2.so.1 => /lib/libbz2.so.1 (0xb7006000)
        liblzo2.so.2 => /lib/liblzo2.so.2 (0xb6fe3000)
        libspeex.so.1 => /usr/lib/libspeex.so.1 (0xb6fca000)
        libtheora.so.0 => /usr/lib/libtheora.so.0 (0xb6f77000)
        libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (0xb6f70000)
        libdca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdca.so.0 (0xb6f4a000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb6e56000)
        libdv.so.4 => /usr/lib/libdv.so.4 (0xb6e19000)
        libxvidcore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4 (0xb6d2c000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb6d03000)
        libdirac_encoder.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirac_encoder.so.0 (0xb6c66000)
        libdirac_decoder.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirac_decoder.so.0 (0xb6bf2000)
        libschroedinger-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libschroedinger-1.0.so.0 (0xb6b67000)
        liboil-0.3.so.0 => /usr/lib/liboil-0.3.so.0 (0xb6afd000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb6af3000)
        libdvdnavmini.so.4 => /usr/lib/libdvdnavmini.so.4 (0xb6ade000)
        libdirectfb-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0 (0xb6a58000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xb6a47000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xb6914000)
        libXss.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXss.so.1 (0xb690f000)
        libXv.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXv.so.1 (0xb6909000)
        libXvMC.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXvMC.so.1 (0xb6904000)
        libXvMCW.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXvMCW.so.1 (0xb68fe000)
        libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0xb68fa000)
        libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xb68f4000)
        libXxf86dga.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86dga.so.1 (0xb68ec000)
        libaa.so.1 => /usr/lib/libaa.so.1 (0xb68cf000)
        libcaca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcaca.so.0 (0xb68c2000)
        libGL.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 (0xb6803000)
        libSDL-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 (0xb6762000)
        libesd.so.0 => /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 (0xb6756000)
        libaudiofile.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so.0 (0xb672e000)
        libpulse.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpulse.so.0 (0xb66c8000)
        libjack.so.0 => /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 (0xb66ac000)
        libfaac.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfaac.so.0 (0xb669a000)
        libx264.so.78 => /usr/lib/libx264.so.78 (0xb65ff000)
        libmp3lame.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 (0xb658a000)
        libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb6194000)
        libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb60fc000)
        libatk-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0xb60de000)
        libgio-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 (0xb6069000)
        libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0xb603d000)
        libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0xb6021000)
        libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0xb6015000)
        libcairo.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2 (0xb5f96000)
        libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0xb5f4e000)
        libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0xb5f0a000)
        libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0xb5f05000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0xb5e40000)
        liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0 (0xb5e39000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb5e2a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb5cce000)
        libtalloc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libtalloc.so.1 (0xb5cc4000)
        libtdb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libtdb.so.1 (0xb5cb5000)
        libwbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/libwbclient.so.0 (0xb5ca6000)
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0xb5c6f000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0xb5c59000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0xb5c3f000)
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xb5c12000)
        libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3 (0xb5b73000)
        libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/libk5crypto.so.3 (0xb5b4c000)
        libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/libcom_err.so.2 (0xb5b48000)
        libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/libkeyutils.so.1 (0xb5b44000)
        libldap-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/libldap-2.4.so.2 (0xb5aff000)
        liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0xb5aef000)
        libnscd.so.1 => /lib/libnscd.so.1 (0xb5aec000)
        liblcms.so.1 => /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1 (0xb5ab3000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0xb5aaa000)
        libuuid.so.1 => /lib/libuuid.so.1 (0xb5aa3000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0xb5a88000)
        libxcb-xlib.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 (0xb5a85000)
        libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0xb5a67000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xb5a63000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7710000)
        libexpat.so.1 => /lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xb5a3a000)
        libdirect-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0 (0xb5a21000)
        libfusion-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0 (0xb5a16000)
        libgpm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgpm.so.1 (0xb5a0f000)
        libcucul.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcucul.so.0 (0xb596f000)
        libslang.so.2 => /usr/lib/libslang.so.2 (0xb588d000)
        libncursesw.so.5 => /lib/libncursesw.so.5 (0xb5843000)
        libGLcore.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLcore.so.1 (0xb47d5000)
        libnvidia-tls.so.1 => /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1 (0xb47d3000)
        libgdbm.so.3 => /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3 (0xb47cb000)
        libXi.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXi.so.6 (0xb47c1000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0xb47b9000)
        libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0xb47ae000)
        libXcomposite.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcomposite.so.1 (0xb47aa000)
        libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1 (0xb47a5000)
        libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3 (0xb479f000)
        libpixman-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0 (0xb4757000)
        libxcb-render-util.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-render-util.so.0 (0xb4752000)
        libxcb-render.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-render.so.0 (0xb4749000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0xb473e000)
        libpcre.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0 (0xb470b000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb46ee000)
        libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0 (0xb46e4000)
        libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2 (0xb46ca000)
        libssl.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 (0xb467a000)
        libcrypto.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (0xb4513000)
...
- some codecs are DLLs anyway, i.e. most likely on your system it's the same, i.e. quite possibly you already have the needed libraries installed.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #23
Krzysztow
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 31

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Steshenko View Post
No, you wouldn't - as I said, 'ffmpeg' is also a library. And that was the point.

Who doesn't allow you to install what you need to do your programming ?

...

Look at the following:


Code:
ldd -v /usr/bin/mplayer
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0xb76b4000)
        libsmbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 (0xb72e0000)
        libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0xb72b6000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb72a1000)
        libmng.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmng.so.1 (0xb721f000)
        libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0xb71fb000)
        libgif.so.4 => /usr/lib/libgif.so.4 (0xb71f1000)
        libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0xb711e000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7119000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb70ff000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xb707e000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xb704d000)
        libfribidi.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfribidi.so.0 (0xb703c000)
        libenca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libenca.so.0 (0xb7016000)
        libbz2.so.1 => /lib/libbz2.so.1 (0xb7006000)
        liblzo2.so.2 => /lib/liblzo2.so.2 (0xb6fe3000)
        libspeex.so.1 => /usr/lib/libspeex.so.1 (0xb6fca000)
        libtheora.so.0 => /usr/lib/libtheora.so.0 (0xb6f77000)
        libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (0xb6f70000)
        libdca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdca.so.0 (0xb6f4a000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb6e56000)
        libdv.so.4 => /usr/lib/libdv.so.4 (0xb6e19000)
        libxvidcore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4 (0xb6d2c000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb6d03000)
        libdirac_encoder.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirac_encoder.so.0 (0xb6c66000)
        libdirac_decoder.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirac_decoder.so.0 (0xb6bf2000)
        libschroedinger-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libschroedinger-1.0.so.0 (0xb6b67000)
        liboil-0.3.so.0 => /usr/lib/liboil-0.3.so.0 (0xb6afd000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb6af3000)
        libdvdnavmini.so.4 => /usr/lib/libdvdnavmini.so.4 (0xb6ade000)
        libdirectfb-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.2.so.0 (0xb6a58000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xb6a47000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xb6914000)
        libXss.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXss.so.1 (0xb690f000)
        libXv.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXv.so.1 (0xb6909000)
        libXvMC.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXvMC.so.1 (0xb6904000)
        libXvMCW.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXvMCW.so.1 (0xb68fe000)
        libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0xb68fa000)
        libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xb68f4000)
        libXxf86dga.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86dga.so.1 (0xb68ec000)
        libaa.so.1 => /usr/lib/libaa.so.1 (0xb68cf000)
        libcaca.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcaca.so.0 (0xb68c2000)
        libGL.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 (0xb6803000)
        libSDL-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 (0xb6762000)
        libesd.so.0 => /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 (0xb6756000)
        libaudiofile.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so.0 (0xb672e000)
        libpulse.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpulse.so.0 (0xb66c8000)
        libjack.so.0 => /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 (0xb66ac000)
        libfaac.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfaac.so.0 (0xb669a000)
        libx264.so.78 => /usr/lib/libx264.so.78 (0xb65ff000)
        libmp3lame.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 (0xb658a000)
        libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb6194000)
        libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb60fc000)
        libatk-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0xb60de000)
        libgio-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 (0xb6069000)
        libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0xb603d000)
        libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0xb6021000)
        libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0xb6015000)
        libcairo.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2 (0xb5f96000)
        libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0xb5f4e000)
        libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0xb5f0a000)
        libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0xb5f05000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0xb5e40000)
        liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0 (0xb5e39000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb5e2a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb5cce000)
        libtalloc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libtalloc.so.1 (0xb5cc4000)
        libtdb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libtdb.so.1 (0xb5cb5000)
        libwbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/libwbclient.so.0 (0xb5ca6000)
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0xb5c6f000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0xb5c59000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0xb5c3f000)
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xb5c12000)
        libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3 (0xb5b73000)
        libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/libk5crypto.so.3 (0xb5b4c000)
        libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/libcom_err.so.2 (0xb5b48000)
        libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/libkeyutils.so.1 (0xb5b44000)
        libldap-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/libldap-2.4.so.2 (0xb5aff000)
        liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0xb5aef000)
        libnscd.so.1 => /lib/libnscd.so.1 (0xb5aec000)
        liblcms.so.1 => /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1 (0xb5ab3000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0xb5aaa000)
        libuuid.so.1 => /lib/libuuid.so.1 (0xb5aa3000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0xb5a88000)
        libxcb-xlib.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 (0xb5a85000)
        libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0xb5a67000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xb5a63000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7710000)
        libexpat.so.1 => /lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xb5a3a000)
        libdirect-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libdirect-1.2.so.0 (0xb5a21000)
        libfusion-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfusion-1.2.so.0 (0xb5a16000)
        libgpm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgpm.so.1 (0xb5a0f000)
        libcucul.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcucul.so.0 (0xb596f000)
        libslang.so.2 => /usr/lib/libslang.so.2 (0xb588d000)
        libncursesw.so.5 => /lib/libncursesw.so.5 (0xb5843000)
        libGLcore.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLcore.so.1 (0xb47d5000)
        libnvidia-tls.so.1 => /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1 (0xb47d3000)
        libgdbm.so.3 => /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3 (0xb47cb000)
        libXi.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXi.so.6 (0xb47c1000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0xb47b9000)
        libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0xb47ae000)
        libXcomposite.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcomposite.so.1 (0xb47aa000)
        libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1 (0xb47a5000)
        libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3 (0xb479f000)
        libpixman-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0 (0xb4757000)
        libxcb-render-util.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-render-util.so.0 (0xb4752000)
        libxcb-render.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-render.so.0 (0xb4749000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0xb473e000)
        libpcre.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0 (0xb470b000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb46ee000)
        libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0 (0xb46e4000)
        libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2 (0xb46ca000)
        libssl.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 (0xb467a000)
        libcrypto.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (0xb4513000)
...
- some codecs are DLLs anyway, i.e. most likely on your system it's the same, i.e. quite possibly you already have the needed libraries installed.
Thank You

I'll try to mess a bit with it then... Hopefully my skills are enough, if not... will improve, surely!
 
Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #24
JonasElofsson
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Karlskrona, Sweden
Distribution: Ubuntu
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone bumps into the same problem today (as I did, running Qt on an iMX53):

I simply gave Linux some swap memory. It does not use it (or uses very little), but now the processes are started without problems.

Use 'dd' to make a swapfile, then run 'mkswap [filename]', then 'swapon [filename]'.

Best regards, Jonas
 
  


Reply

Tags
embedded, linux


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xpert in 8-16 bit microcontroller embedded system now inclining toward embedded linux priyadarshan Linux - Embedded & Single-board computer 2 02-12-2009 04:28 AM
LXer: Embedded Linux as Dependable for Developers as RTOSes, says Embedded Market For LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 01-23-2008 11:40 AM
Qt 4 QProcess help dimah Programming 1 05-05-2007 07:03 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration