how to solve 500 internal server error in ubuntu
hello friends/sir ,
i'm using ubuntu 9.10,& try to run simple script in
but showing error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
what is possiblity about this problem?
"Server error 500" is a VERY generic error. The root cause can be almost anything.
1. Try to reproduce the problem in a short, "hello world" CGI script
2. Look in your server's error log (for example, /var/log/apache2/error_log)
3. Cut/paste the complete script and the exact error message
& this is error message sir,
[Sat Nov 27 16:12:38 2010] [error] [client ::1] (13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/testing.html' failed
Yup: this will result in an "Error 500" alright ;):
1. Make sure you have read and execute permissions set
EXAMPLE: chmod +rx /usr/lib/cgi-bin/testing.html
2. Make sure you've got a legal CGI script or program
<= "testing.html" sounds like an HTML file ... NOT a CGI executable
3. Q: What is a "legal CGI script or program"?
A: I'm glad you asked :)
Look at some of these links:
<= Three different CGI examples, in three different languages(shell, Perl and Python, respectively)
'Hope that helps
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.|