thanks for useful info reply ac1980,
the reason i start asking "redirecting URL" is because i found that its not mplayer problem, mplayer itself is perfectly fine. (i used my friend's M$ machine, click that radio station live, and found the URL, copy to mplayer, and mplayer runs perfectly fine)
it just when i click "live" on that radio station w/ linux, a new window open, and say:
few sec later:
playing XX.XX % (XX.XX) cache, XX.xx cache XXXX cache..
that's it. nothing plays at all. i can sit there for hrs, and nothing plays. that i discover its the plugin problem. so i was hoping to understand how those IE brower works when it comes to re-directing URL, maybe i can modify my plugin source and get it work just like IE brower / win media player.
your useful reply will get me closer to the solution, thanks you