802.11g WPA Security
is there any way to get wpa security through ndiswrapper? is wep security available?
i'm not just talking free, either. if free doesn't exist, does commercial exist?
You can use WPA with WPA Supplicant and it does support ndiswrapper. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I will eventually.
i saw the following:
Supported wireless cards/drivers
* Host AP driver for Prism2/2.5/3 (development snapshot/v0.2.x/v0.3.x; WPA and WPA2)
* Linuxant DriverLoader with Windows NDIS driver supporting WPA (WPA, but not WPA2)
* Agere Systems Inc. Linux Driver (Hermes-I/Hermes-II chipset) (WPA, but not WPA2)
* madwifi (Atheros ar521x)
* ATMEL AT76C5XXx
* Linux ndiswrapper
* Broadcom wl.o driver
* Intel ipw2100
* Intel ipw2200
* Wired Ethernet drivers
* BSD net80211 layer (e.g., Atheros driver) (FreeBSD 6-CURRENT)
* Windows NDIS drivers (Windows; at least XP and 2000, others not tested)
how can i translate these into actual wireless products?
for example, i have 3 802.11g wireless adapters:
US Robotics ???
i'll fill in the ??? when i get home.
do any of these "fit the bill" above?
how can i research what products "fit the bill?"
at the end of the day, we ought to translate the above into actual end products b/c that is what newbies like me will understand.
it looks like the netgear wg111 is supported in some fashion...
i guess i have to figure out what driver to use on linux.
that's for another day, though.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.|