I had installed and tested xorg-X11 + dependencies (current version is 6.7.0-2) from the cooker repository, and much to my surprise, my fps on 3D-acceleration had been dramatically reduced. From ~3200fps to ~900fps in glxgears, and on the average of 100fps-125fps to 20-30fps in torcs/cube/trigger/etc. (all graphic intensive games).
Well, I came upon a repository from another forum, which had a newer version of xorg-X11 + dependencies (Mesa, etc. included) and decided to test them out. I installed the packages last night and so far, everything is working (fps is back up) and I haven't run into any issues.
If anyone is interested, here's the command to add the source:
# urpmi.addmedia svetljo http:// ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/Mandrake/people/svetljo/mandrake/probably_broken/RPMS/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz
*(I had to leave a space between the "http://" and "ftp.sh..." so it wouldn't show up as a link.
And don't let the "/probably_broken/"
you out. From what I have read from other's posts, no one is having problems with these packages.)
And update your current libxorg*, xorg-X11*, Mesa* and libMesa* packages.