Update 10.0 to 10.1 RC1: disaster
I had time and i could sacrifice the mdk10 installation so i decided to give a try to the 10.1 RC1 using the update feature. The results aren't quite good:
- logging with my old user account kde won't start.
- using root account kde starts but mdk control center doesn't start
- using alt-tab-bcksp the x server is unable to restart, i simply get a blinking cursor
- switching to console with atl-tab-f1 and launching mc gives again just a blinking cursor
- the only way to get mc working is to start linux in failsafe mode
- trying init 3 and than init 5 to restart the graphic server and the login manager has no effect.
i haven't investigated much more, because i'm getting a bit frustrated, and i think i'll try a fresh install formatting the partitions.
i was very skeptical about the update feature of mdk10.1, now i have reasons to believe i was right !