MandrivaThis Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I've got a problem with invalid commands when I start Apache (apachectl start). I get the following reply:
Starting httpd2: [Tue Jul 20 12:26:13 2004] [warn] module auth_kerb_module is already loaded, skipping
Syntax error on line 20 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/11_mod_auth_kerb.conf:
Invalid command 'KrbMethodNegotiate', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
What am I doing wrong? What do I do to enable the Krb* commands?
Yes, I'm deliberately trying to load the module twice, just to make sure I'm actually loading it. :-)
I searched through the forum archives, plus searched Google for a couple of hours. I think it's a Mandrake-Apache-Kerberos problem, not Apache specific, not Kerberos specific, but something to do with Apache using Kerberos on Mandrake.
I run Linux on i386, Mandrake 10 to be precise. I've installed the following RPMs:
They are actually from Mandrake 9.2, as 10 comes with Apache 2.0.48 without mod_auth_kerb.
Now, I've added the following to /etc/httpd/conf.d/11_mod_auth_kerb.conf, just to get started:
AllowOverride Limit AuthConfig Options
Allow from all
AuthName "Kerberos Login"
<Limit GET POST>
I've got Kerberos running since before. Kinit and the rest works.