Thanks for the tip floopy, it worked, it fixed my speeds tremendously. Here is a step buy step of what I did.
1) download NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run
2) I uninstalled the Nvidia Kernel Source module already installed. (3 different items)
3) Go to Konsole and "su" then type: "init 3"
4) Login your name and password.
5) Then "su" and password.
6) then type: "cd /home/the-name-of-your-pc/" and hit enter (whatever you chose to name your PC)
7) then type: sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run and hit enter.
8) follow on screen commands and hope it works and you get no errors. (I got none)
9) then type: "cd /etc/X11" and hit enter.
10) then type "vim xorg.conf" and hit enter.
11) Press [ESC] key then the letter i key. (please note the i is the little i as in the word "it" on keyboard.) By typing i , it will allow you the move the cursor with the up and down arrows for editing. Look for the driver and if it named "nv" or "fbdev" change it to "nvidia". (For me it already had "nvidia" named.) The fonts will look colorful.
12) The scroll uo or down and look for the word "LOAD" and remove Load "dri" and Load "GLCORE" if they are there. I did not have them, but I had Load "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so" and I removed it and added Load "glx"
13)To get out hit [ESC] key then hit :wq (colon and wq) stands for write and quit.
14) Type init 5 ( and it should restart your desktop and you should see the NVIDIA advertisng logo screen flash by.
15) Type "glxgears" in Konsole and you will see your speeds.
For this card a GEForce 5700 NVIDIA card I got these speeds:
5493 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1098.600 FPS
5461 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1092.200 FPS
5388 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1077.600 FPS
5417 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1083.400 FPS
5488 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1097.600 FPS
5511 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1102.200 FPS
5437 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1087.400 FPS
5441 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1088.200 FPS
Prior to this I was only getting 24-32 frames in 5.0 seconds.
Post your results if you can and let me know if you have success.....
Oh yes I forgot to mentioned I tested Ppracer game and the 3d accelration was a thousand times better than before.