I checked the md5sums, they check out OK, as did the Bittorrent hash when I finished downloading the files.
My current setup:
Shuttle AK31A KT266a MB
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
768mb DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce 3 TI w/ 64mb DDR
HD1: Maxtor 40GB
HD2: WD 120GB
CD1: Lite-On 32x12x40 CD-RW
CD2: Lite-On DVD-ROM
Keyboard: just a very simple compaq keyboard I picked up at radioshack
Mouse: Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (USB)
OS: Currently WinXP/LindowsOS dual boot, but I plan on having MDK overwrite the partition that LOS is on.
I will have to read up on how to use rescue mode - I'm new to Linux. I will try the noacpi option- although I don't remember any IDE errors suppose I could have just missed them.
Using this site as a guide, my problem is between the "license term" screen and the "install type" screen.
EDIT: I tried the "noacpi" boot option, to no avail. I also tried burning another copy of the install disk, on the off chance that it was a bad burn, also to no avail. I'm looking into rescue mode now.