MandrivaThis Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I have a Creative CIMR-100 IR receiver. Since I could not get the rpm version of lirc (0.6.6) does not appear to work (at least with this hardware), I have built the latest (Ver 0.7) from source.
- removed lirc rpm
- built and installed lirc from source (lirc.org) -- ver 0.7.0
- Since this hardware requires no kernel module, I simply pointed /dev/lirc to my serial port (/dev/ttyS2)
- copied appropriate remote conf file to /etc/lircd.conf
- ran lircd using: lircd -d /dev/ttyS2
- ran irw and I was able to see the correct messages being echoed to the screen -- ie. EVERYTHING is working so far.
However, when I installed xmms-lirc it required liblirc and attempted to install liblirc rpm as well (ver 0.6.6). So I did a --nodeps during rpm installation of xmms-lirc rpm.
BUT I get the following message when I start xmms and enable the lirc plugin (under General tab):
xmms: could not connect to socket
xmms: Connection refused
LIRC Plugin 1.4: could not init LIRC support
Could someone help me debug this issue? How can I test why a socket connection is refused? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.