I have tried to burn the downloaded Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official Images. I have already destroied almost ten CDs while trying to burn CD1, CD2 and CD3.
I got the following errors: "Could not perform End-Track" and "Burn process failed at 24x" or "Could not perform fixation". I have no idea what that means.
1. Have checked the downloaded files with the md5 files through Total Commander. Everything was OK.
2. Using Ahead Nero (tried also Roxio). Opening the .iso and then starting the burn process. The start is OK and it goes well till the end, when - after gets to 100% - the error pops up.
3. Medium for burning the disks:
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2312 [CD-R/RW] and
SONY CD-RW CRX820E
4. Burning on Verbatim CD-R 700MB
5. Tried to burn at 24x and at 4x speeds (maximum and minimum).
After a 4x speed error, Mandrakelinux has somehow recongnised the CD1 and it started the Upgrade/Install Mandrakelinux 10.1. Still, when arriving at the partitioning step,
"An error coccurred
INTERNAL ERROR: no kernel available
MDK::Common::Various::internal_error () called from /usr/bin/perl-install/pkgs.pm:197
etc, etc, etc,
install2::main() called from /usr/bin/runinstall2:36"
Will appreciate any help as I really want to install Mandrakelinux 10.1 on my laptop. And, by the way, will it work with a Dell, CX400 Latitude, Processor 400 MHz, RAM 256 MB, HDD 6 GB? Hope it will